If you’ve been considering an HBO Max subscription, now may be the time to act for 2022.
That’s because the on-demand video streaming service has announced a temporary sale that will help you save 20% on a monthly subscription through the end of the year.
And it doesn’t require an annual commitment!
Team Clark has the details you need to take advantage of the promotion.
HBO Max Is Offering 20% Off Monthly Subscriptions for a Limited Time
If you don’t already have an HBO Max subscription, you can save 20% on a monthly subscription for your first 12 months.
This discount applies to both the ad-supported and ad-free versions of the service, and the deal is available to both “new” and “returning” subscribers.
So the ad-supported subscription, which normally is $9.99 per month, would be $7.99 for your first 12 monthly bills. And the ad-free version would drop from $14.99 to $11.99 for that first year’s worth of bills.
The offer is valid now through January 25, 2022. You’ll need to sign up by then to take advantage of the savings for the rest of the year.
The promotion drops the monthly prices just below HBO Max’s already established annual prices, which are $99 for ad-supported and $149.99 for ad-free. The advantage over the annual subscription is that you don’t have to commit to 12 months (cancel anytime with no penalty), and you won’t owe all of the money at once.
Once your 12-month period is over, HBO Max will bill you at the current monthly rate until you cancel.
Here’s a look at the promotion, which went live on HBO Max’s website on January 12, alongside the comparison chart for its two subscription options.
Reading the Fine Print: What You Need to Know About This Deal
Like any deal on a streaming service, there are some things you’ll probably want to know before committing to putting your credit card on file.
I dug through the terms and conditions of this offer to pull out the fine print you need to know about:
- The offer is not valid for existing HBO Max subscribers. You either need to be a “new” customer or to have been unsubscribed long enough to be considered a “returning” customer.
- To qualify for the discounted price, you’ll need to sign up for HBO Max through one of the following: HBOMax.com, Amazon, Apple, Google Pay or Roku.
- Only one deal per customer, and it cannot be combined with any other promotion or free trial offer.
- The deal is valid only in the United States.
- Your account will continue to “auto-renew” at the current monthly rate if you don’t cancel after your initial 12-month discount period.
- To reiterate, you can cancel this deal at any time. Your only financial obligation is for your current month of service.
- If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access to HBO Max for the remainder of time you have paid for. For example, if you cancel after you’ve paid for March you’ll continue to see your content until the date your April bill would’ve come due.
What Can I Stream on HBO Max?
HBO Max has a content blend that is robust enough to please most of the viewers in your household.
It has a huge library of legacy HBO content: award-winning and popular TV series including The Sopranos, Sex and the City and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
It also has new original content dubbed “Max Originals” featuring DC Comics productions such as Titans and Doom Patrol as well as Justice League, The Flight Attendant and Gossip Girl.
You’ll also find non-HBO shows here. HBO Max is the exclusive streaming home of wildly popular sitcoms Friends and The Big Bang Theory.
If you have young kids in the home, you’ll probably be pleased with the original content offered by Sesame Workshop, which includes Sesame Street and The Not Too Late Show with Elmo.
Oh, and there are movies. HBO is known for having an impressive library of films on its cable channels, and the access to Warner Bros. content makes this on-demand streaming service a movie lover’s dream.
Here’s a promotional video touting the new content available on HBO Max in 2022.
Team Clark tested this streaming service out. You can find our review of it here.
HBO Max runs promotional subscription deals from time to time, but this is definitely the best one I’ve seen to start the 2022 calendar year.
If you’re willing to submit yourself to advertisements, locking in the $7.99 monthly rate for the ad-supported version of this service might be a cost-effective choice to broaden your streaming options if you’re trying to save money by cutting the cord in 2022.
If you add HBOMax to a combination of cheaper on-demand streaming services (like Disney+, Apple TV+, Peacock or Paramount+), you might find you have enough new content available to consider avoiding the cost of a live TV streaming service in 2022.
More Clark.com Content You May Like: