Update: As of April 26, the job posting is no longer available.
If you’re looking for a job, you should know that Amazon is hiring for its virtual customer service center!
The e-commerce giant needs part-time customer service associates who will work from home to troubleshoot issues that customers may have through phone, chat, and email.
Amazon is hiring for remote positions
According to a job posting that was active as of April 18, the gig pays $12 an hour after paid training.
Being able to work a flexible schedule is a requirement for this position. The average employee works 20 to 29 hours a week, with opportunities to work more during peak periods.
You must also live in one of these states to apply for the position:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent English language proficiency required; both in written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask while navigating the internet, multiple browsers, email, and instant messaging tools
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring but will not exceed 20-29 hours per week)
- Ability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person
- 1+ years in a service environment dealing with the public
- Typing speed of 45 WPM, phone, and computer navigation skills for programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and social networking sites
- The ability to relentlessly advocate for customers. Always protecting confidentially and their data.
- Display effective communication skills and composure under pressure.
- Trust our customers and use good judgement to solve problems.
- Anticipate customer needs and treat their time and attention as sacred.
- Deliver personalized, peculiar experiences that customers love.
- 64-bit Operating System
- 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed or faster from a reliable provider (no satellite or wireless internet)
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable
- If you are using a laptop, it must be connected to an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 or Mac OSX 10.9 through 10.12
- Operating System Auto-Update
- Windows Defender (If using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10)