Do you love to go to Disney Parks and have a deep knowledge of the ins and outs of park-going coupled with a desire to help others?
Then there’s a great opportunity for you to become an unofficial team member at the House of Mouse and get the Holy Grail of Disney perks in exchange for your time!
The Disney Moms Panel has the best free perk of all…
Each year, for a week in September, the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search opens and the Internet goes crazy over the opportunity to get one really cool freebie. More on that in a minute!
Never heard of The Disney Moms Panel before? It’s a group of a dozen or so moms (or dads!) who can help answer a variety of questions from other vacationers who are planning to spend time at Walt Disney World or Disneyland, on a Disney Cruise Line or at a Disney Vacation Club timeshare property.
Whether it’s answering questions about park passes, pet policies, dining plans or first aid at the parks, the Moms Panel is always available online to help people get the most out of their visit.
Here’s what you need to know before applying…
1. You’ll get free Disney tickets!
The best perk of this unpaid job is that each panelist receives a Walt Disney World or Disneyland vacation for him or herself and up to three family members and/or park tickets for sharing their knowledge online.
2. These are the requirements
In order to apply, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have visited one of the parks in the last 12 months
- If applying to help with cruise or timeshare questions, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months
- Must be available for onsite training between November 27 and December 1
- Must not currently be employed by Disney, or working in the fields of travel or hospitality
You can see the complete list of requirements here.
You’ll have to answer questions like this one as part of the application process:
3. Prepare yourself for a multi-round panel search
Filling out the application online is just the start of the application process. More rounds will come to whittle the thousands of applicants down to just a dozen!
Per the website, “Each round could include, but not be limited to: questions, photographs or online video submissions, electronic communication via telephone or internet with Disney Parks Cast Members, and more.”
4. You’ll need to have some free time on your hand if you get the gig
The whole purpose of being on the Disney Moms Panel is to help your fellow Mouseketeers online with questions they have about visiting Disney Parks.
To that end, you’ll be required to complete around 10 to 20 written response per week in online forums, message boards and by email. Disney says each response should take roughly 20 minutes per question.
5. Act fast — applications close soon!
The 2019 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search opened on September 5 and will conclude on September 12.
If you miss the deadline, just be sure to bookmark this page and start checking again in early September 2019 for the 2020 panel search!
More Disney stories on Clark.com:
- Disney’s latest fee: Paying to park overnight at resorts
- Disney is parting ways with Netflix
- Not so magical: Disney raises the cost of park admission again