There’s more trouble for Samsung! The Associated Press reports that a smartphone user in France is planning to sue the company after her phone caught fire and exploded.
She said she had the Samsung Galaxy J5, not the recalled Galaxy Note 7.
Woman claims Samsung Galaxy J5 exploded
According to the Associated Press, Lamya Bouyirdane said the sub-$200 phone had “swollen up” and smoke was coming out of it before it caught fire. The back of the handset then blew off, the woman said.
The allegation comes after Samsung recalled its Galaxy Note 7 phones due to a battery issue that could cause them to catch fire.
Most recently, Samsung recalled nearly 3 million washers that could blow apart during use. The defect has resulted in at least nine injuries, including a broken jaw, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Samsung said in a statement that it can’t comment on the new phone case at this point.