Panic has turned to confusion in the wake of the SVB failure. Clark summarizes how we got here, how it differs from 15 years ago, and how the moral hazard in the system should be fixed. Clark breaks it down to 2 key points, and what individuals and businesses with funds greater than the quarter million FDIC limit should do going forward to secure their funds. Also, Clark tells you what’s behind the big streaming service increases and your alternatives. With market changes come new opportunities. If you’re willing to adapt and experiment you can save so much money – with more content than you can watch.
- Bank Failure Update: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- SAVE on Streaming TV: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show
- Midmarket Firms Re-Evaluate Regional Bank Risk Following Crisis
- NYTimes.com: Two Big Ideas for Preventing Another Banking Crisis
- Experts, banks look for ideas to stop next bank failure
- The forgotten rescue plan that could prevent another SVB-like collapse
- Fed to Consider Tougher Rules for Midsize Banks After SVB, Signature Failures – WSJ.
- SVB is the first social media bank run in history.
- Banks Trade Relief Now for Regulation Later – The Wall Street Journal.
- Yellen Says U.S. Ready to Protect Smaller Banks if Necessary
- Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service CDARS
- How To Open a Roth IRA
- Custodial Roth IRA: How And Why To Start A Roth IRA For Kids
- Turbocharge your child’s retirement with a Roth IRA for Kids
- Clark.com: YouTube TV Raises Monthly Rate for First Time Since 2020
- Clark.com: 5 Cheaper Streaming Alternatives to YouTube TV
- Best Free Streaming Services in 2023: Movies and TV for Cord Cutters
- Clark.com – STREAMING TV
- 4 Things To Know Before You Buy a Digital TV Antenna
- Submit a complaint | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Automatic Bill Pay: How It Works and How To Do It Safely
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices