Are you a football fan with a college student in your life?
It may be time to call in a favor from your favorite scholar.
This deal makes the package, which has a full retail price of $449, available for just $109.
The catch? You have to be a verified college student to receive the discount.
YouTube TV Gives Biggest NFL Sunday Ticket Discount Via Student Plan
YouTube TV has spent the last several months touting early bird discounts for customers who are willing to commit to paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket package before the season starts.
That discount is even better for those who choose to use YouTube TV as their live TV streaming service.
But as the first NFL Sunday approaches on Sept. 10, it appears that they have saved the best discount for last.
At $109 for the season, the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan allows verified students to watch every out-of-market Sunday NFL game for an average cost of just over $6 per week. Students can add NFL RedZone for an additional $10.
A subscription to YouTube TV won’t be required, but you’ll have to attend a qualified school and verify your enrollment status to enjoy this price. But doing so may allow you to share with family and friends who want to watch the games with you.
For comparison’s sake, here’s how that discount stacks up against the pricing model for non-students:
|Package||Price Through June 6, 2023||Price after June 6||Full Retail Price|
|NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV||$249||$299||$349|
|NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone on YouTube TV||$289||$339||$389|
|NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube||$349||$399||$449|
|NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone on YouTube||$389||$439||$489|
Which Students Are Eligible for This Discount?
If you are a college student or know someone who is, you may be wondering if they qualify for getting this discount.
YouTube provides the following information on eligibility requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
- Be verified as a student by SheerID. (Note: YouTube TV says “if SheerID cannot instantly verify your student status, they’ll request you upload additional documents to show proof of enrollment, such as a school ID card with an expiration date, a class schedule, or a tuition receipt.”)
- While you do not need to be enrolled at a U.S. institution to be eligible, you must be located in the U.S. to watch and purchase NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube.
It’s also worth noting that this verification is only good for the 2023 NFL season. If you want to purchase the Student Plan again in 2024, you will be required to verify your eligibility all over again. (Tough luck, seniors!)
How College Students Can Claim This Discount
Do you or the college student in your life meet the above requirements for the Student Plan?
YouTube provided the following instructions for successfully claiming the discount:
Follow these steps to get the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan:
- Step 1: Go to YouTube’s NFL channel page via computer or mobile browser.
- Step 2: Click on the button to “Get NFL Sunday Ticket”. You may be asked to sign in with your Google Account.
- Step 3: Below the NFL Sunday Ticket package options, select Eligible students can save with a student plan.
- If you’ve already verified your student status with SheerID, you will see NFL Sunday Ticket at its discounted price. Choose whether to include NFL RedZone with NFL Sunday Ticket and proceed to complete your purchase.
- If you have never verified your student status — or haven’t verified it in the last 11 months — you will be required to instantly verify your student status. To start verification:
- Select Continue.
- Enter your full name, email, date of birth, and student info, including the country or region where your institution is located and your institution’s name. Select Verify My Student Status.
- Once verified, you’ll be able to proceed with completing the transaction at the discounted price.
Are you planning to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube or YouTube TV this season? We’d love to hear about your strategy for keeping your streaming costs in check in the Clark.com community.