With so many streaming services to choose from, you might be forgiven if you don’t know which one(s) to subscribe to for your movie, gaming or TV show needs. The results of a new study may help make your decisions a bit easier.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Telecommunications Study 2020-2021 shows the top video streaming services and how subscribers rank them when it comes to mobile app reliability, quality of original programming, variety of TV shows and other virtues.
This article will cover the streaming services customers identified as the best according to the ACSI study. In the report, streaming services that offer movies, TV shows and live programming are all included in the same rankings.
Disney+ Is the #1 Streaming Service
Here are some key findings from the report:
- Disney+ dropped 3% from the previous year but still ranks as the #1 streaming service with a score of 78.
- YouTube TV lands in eighth place with a score of 75, the same as the year before.
- Near the bottom of the rankings are Apple TV+ (-3%) and Sling TV (+1), which both score a 72.
- Overall, customer sentiments about 2021’s streaming offerings dipped 2.6% compared with the previous year.
“What interests me about YouTube TV is the unlimited DVR and the versatility with how many people can be watching at the same time and how many individual accounts you can have,” Clark says.
Ready to see how your favorite streaming service fared in the latest ACSI rankings?
Best Streaming Services for Customer Satisfaction
|Video Streaming Service||2021 Score||% Change From Previous Year|
|HBO Max (AT&T)||75||N/A (new to the survey)|
|YouTube TV (Google)||75||0%|
|Amazon Prime Video||74||-3%|
|Video Streaming Services (Average)||74||-2.6%|
The ACSI Telecommunications study is based on interviews conducted between April 1, 2020, and March 29, 2021, involving 37,907 customers.
Before you sign up for any streaming service, make sure you familiarize yourself with the following:
- The channel lineup: Use Clark’s Live TV Streaming Channel Tool.
- The length of the free trial period
- The number of simultaneous screens an individual account can use
Once you’ve done your research, make sure the streaming service you choose falls well within your budget.
Interested in saving money when you watch TV? Here’s how to cut the cord and leave cable for good.