Small kitchen appliances make our lives easier, but it’s easy to get carried away with brands, trends and convenience purchases that can quickly lead to overspending.
Whether you’re shopping for a new coffee maker, waffle iron, blender, Crock-Pot, Instant Pot or something else entirely, there are some months and places that you’ll be most likely to find a great deal.
Charis Brown, the managing editor of ClarkDeals.com, says, “We typically see deals on small kitchen appliances for $10 at least quarterly from Macy’s.” She adds that Black Friday in July sales are another great time to shop for appliance deals.
We looked back over 200 deals posted by Clark Deals over the past three years to determine exactly when and where you should keep an eye out for price drops on essential kitchen equipment.
The Best Time to Buy Small Kitchen Appliances
The best time to buy a small kitchen appliance is, of course, when it’s available for a great price. Fortunately, most kitchen appliances aren’t absolutely necessary essentials, which means you’ll most likely have time to shop around without needing to make your final purchase right away.
After looking at the small kitchen appliance deals posted over the past three years by ClarkDeals.com, here what we found:
The first major spike of the year occurs in July around Amazon Prime Day. In addition to a variety of deals from Amazon, you’ll see competing prices from other retailers both online and in-store this month.
Labor Day in September is also a great time to start checking for small kitchen appliance deals. You’ll find price drops on popular brands plus refurbished options from online retailers like eBay and Woot.
It’s no surprise that Black Friday in November brings about a surge of deals on popular kitchen equipment. Be sure to start shopping early and price compare to get the best deals during this holiday shopping season.
The Best Places to Buy Small Kitchen Appliances
When it’s time to shop for a new addition to your kitchen, it’s important to check the prices both online and in-store at a variety of retailers to ensure you’re getting the best price available.
If you aren’t sure which stores to start with, here are the places where Clark Deals has found the best prices over the past three years:
The Top Five Places to Buy Small Kitchen Appliances:
Amazon offers great Prime Day deals in July, and small kitchen appliances can often be found included on sale as part of Best Buy’s Deals of the Day. Walmart’s clearance section is another great place to check for markdowns.
Other great stores to check before making your final purchase include Target, Meh, Kohl’s, eBay and The Home Depot. Just remember that because something’s on sale doesn’t mean it’s always the best price available!
The best way to ensure you’re getting a great price on a small kitchen appliance is to watch prices over time and compare them at multiple retailers before purchasing.
We’ve seen the most deals from retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy around Amazon Prime Day in July, Labor Day in September and Black Friday in November.
Still, great deals pop up all the time, and often only for a limited time. To make sure you’re getting the best price, it’s important to know what exactly you’re shopping for and keep an eye out for discounts and promotions that bring your target purchase into your price range!
More Ways to Save:
- Price compare: Use a tool like Google Shopping to compare prices available across the web to make sure you’re getting the most savings available!
- Check for online deals, promo codes and rebates: Places like Macy’s and JCPenney often offer rebates on small kitchen appliances which can add up to big savings.
- Watch prices over time: It’s impossible to get a good deal unless you recognize it. Know what price your target purchase is usually available for so you can tell when it’s available for a great deal.
- Don’t splurge on the latest model or most popular trend: Know what the goal is for your new small kitchen appliance. What are you hoping to make with it, and how many do you need it to serve? Use these questions to avoid overspending on fancy features or oversized products.
Check Out These Articles for More Ways to Save on Home Appliances:
- 11 ways to pay less for appliances
- The best time and place to buy appliances
- 7 kitchen appliances that can save you serious money