In an economy that’s seeing more and more jobs being created, Amazon continues adding to its payroll by employing fellow Americans.
Earlier this year, the e-commerce giant pledged to create 100,000 full-time jobs in the U.S. by 2018.
Then just days ago, we got word that Amazon is currently hiring seasonal workers for work-at-home positions.
Now comes word of a new hiring initiative…
30,000 part-time workers to join the Amazon ranks
Amazon announced on April 6 that it plans to add 25,000 part-time warehouse jobs and 5,000 remote part-time customer service jobs to its payroll over the next year.
Part timers who work a minimum of 20 hours a week receive a slew of benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- Company-paid basic life and accident coverage as well as optional additional (and dependent) coverage at a low cost
- Company-paid short and long-term disability plans
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
- Paid personal time
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Several employee discount programs
- Employee stock purchase plan
- The Amazon Career Choice Program will pre-pay or reimburse 95% of tuition and fees if you’re studying up for a high-wage, in-demand occupation. Amazon also reimburses 95% of the cost of all required textbooks.