You’re eligible to join AARP (formerly called the American Association of Retired Persons) at age 50 — whether you’re retired or not. And the organization’s discounts go way beyond the usual travel perks that may come to mind!
Here Are Some AARP Discounts You May Not Know About
Many AARP members know about the popular discounts available to them on travel-related goods and services, including car rentals, hotels, vacation packages and cruises.
But what a lot of people don’t realize is that membership also qualifies them for tons of other discounts and savings on everyday things like groceries, car maintenance and movie tickets.
- AT&T Wireless: Members save 10% on the monthly service charge of qualified wireless plans and 15% on select accessories. Get this deal.
- Consumer Cellular: Members save 5% on monthly service and usage charges and 30% on select accessories. Get this deal.
- SimpliSafe: Members save 15% on new home security systems and have access to limited time deals like 40% on a SimpliSafe security system in addition to two free months of montioring. Get this deal.
- Schwan’s Home Service: Save $20 off your first order of $50. Get this deal.
- Tanger Outlets: Free coupon book with up to $1,000 in savings. Get this deal.
- Ancestry: 30% off Ancestry membership. Get this deal.
- Regal Movie: Save 20% on Regal ePremiere tickets. Get this deal.
- Petplan pet insurance: Save up to 10% if you enroll online, and get a $35 Petplan Visa Prepaid Card. Get this deal.
Gift and Flower Deals
- Stock Yards: Save 20% on steaks, meat and beef. Get this deal.
- The UPS Store: Save 5% on shipping and 15% on eligible services. Get this deal.
- Wolferman’s: Save 20% off bakery items. Get this deal.
- Many more gift and flower deals are available here.
Health and Wellness Deals
- LensCrafters: Get 50% off prescription lenses with frame purchase plus savings on an eye exam. Get this deal.
- Hearing Shop: 15% discount on hearing products. Get this deal.
- Many more health & wellness deals are available here.
You can always keep up with the latest and greatest AARP discounts and benefits here.