You’re eligible to join AARP (formerly called the American Association of Retired Persons) at age 50 — whether you’re retired or not. And the organization’s discounts go way beyond the usual travel perks that may come to mind!
Here Are Some AARP Discounts You May Not Know About
Many AARP members know about the popular discounts available to them on travel-related goods and services including car rentals, hotels, vacation packages and cruises.
But members also qualify for tons of other discounts and savings on everyday things such as groceries, car maintenance and movie tickets.
- AT&T Wireless: Members save $10 a month per line on AT&T’s Unlimited Elite plan and 15% on select accessories. Get this deal.
- Consumer Cellular: Members get a plan with talk, text and data for $20 a month and a 5% monthly discount. Get this deal.
- SimpliSafe: Members save 15% on new home security systems. Get this deal.
- Schwan’s Home Service: Save $20 off your first order of $50. Get this deal.
- Silver Cuisine: 25% off + free shipping on your first order of $99 or more. Get this deal.
- Exxon Mobil: When you link your Exxon Mobil Rewards account to your AARP membership, you earn rewards for buying gas, car washes and convenience store items. You’ll get a 500-point bonus after your first fill-up. (100 points earn a $1 in savings on eligible purchases.) Get this deal.
- Ancestry: 30% off Ancestry membership. Get this deal.
- Regal Theatres: Save up to 20% on Regal ePremiere tickets and $3 on popcorn and soft drink combos. Get this deal.
- Petplan pet insurance: Save up to 10% if you enroll online. Get this deal.
Gift and Flower Deals
- Stock Yards: Save 20% on steaks and other meat with promo code AARP2. Get this deal.
- The UPS Store: Save 5% on shipping and 15% on eligible services. Get this deal.
- Wolferman’s Bakery: Save 20% off bakery items or $20 off purchases of $79.99 or higher. Get this deal.
- Many more gift and flower deals are available here.
Health and Wellness Deals
- LensCrafters: Get 40% off prescription lenses with frame purchase. Get this deal.
- Hearing Shop: 15% discount on hearing products. Get this deal.
- Walgreens: When you link your AARP and myWalgreen memberships, you can earn Walgreens Cash rewards on Walgreens branded products and other eligible purchases. Get this deal.
- Many more health & wellness deals are available here.
You can always keep up with the latest AARP discounts and benefits here.
What are your favorite senior discounts? Share your tips in our Clark.com Community!