Costco Wholesale can be a great option when you’re looking to buy your next TV.
Here’s What You Need to Know Before Buying at TV at Costco
Money expert Clark Howard loves Costco Wholesale for its great prices and quality products. If you’ve ever walked into a Costco, you know you’re hit with a whole section of TVs and electronics almost the minute you step inside the warehouse club.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the TVs that Costco sells, the extended warranty offered on all Costco TVs, the store’s return policy and more.
Costco TV Buying Guide: Table of Contents
- What Kinds of TVs Does Costco Sell?
- Does Costco Offer an Extended Warranty on TVs?
- What Is Costco’s Return Policy on TVs?
- A Look at the Costco/DirecTV Synergy
What Kinds of TVs Does Costco Sell?
Costco sells a variety of off-brands and popular name brands alike. As of March 2021, these include:
As far as screen size, there’s everything from modestly-sized, less than 40 inches, all the way up to jumbo screens that are almost 90 inches!
Here’s a quick look at a few price points in some popular screen sizes we found when we checked in March 2021.
- Hisense 32″ Class, Roku TV, 720P LED LCD TV: $129.99
- VIZIO 32″ Class, 1080P LED LCD TV: $169.99
- Samsung 32″ Class, The Frame, 1080P QLED LCD TV” $599.99
- Hisense 55″ Class, Roku TV, UHD LED LCD TV: $269.99
- Hisense 55″ Class, Roku TV, 4K UHD LED LCD TV: $329.99
- Hisense 55″ Class, Roku TV, ULED LED LCD TV: $399.99
- Samsung 55″ Class, 4K UHD LED LCD TV: $549.99
- VIZIO 65″ Class, 4K UHD LED LCD TV: $459.99
- LG 65″ Class, 4K UHD LED LCD TV: $549.99
- Hisense 65″ Class, ULED LED LCD TV: $569.99
- Sony 65″ Class, 4K UHD LED LCD TV: $669.99
Does Costco Offer an Extended Warranty on TVs?
Yes! Costco has one of the best extended warranties in the business on TVs. The warehouse club extends the manufacturer’s warranty on TVs — along with other select electronics purchases — to two years from the date of purchase.
What Is Costco’s Return Policy on TVs?
Costco has a near-legendary return policy that basically lets you return anything, at any time, no questions asked — with some limited exceptions.
Unfortunately, one of those exceptions is TVs. With Costco TVs, you only get 90 days to return the television after purchase if you decide you’re unhappy with it.
A Look at the Costco/DirecTV Synergy
Costco has a partnership with AT&T TV and DirecTV that embeds salespeople in the TV department at your local warehouse club.
As of March 2021, there are a variety of packages available through this offer:
- Get a $150 Costco Shop Card when you sign up for AT&T TV through Costco
- Get a $50 Costco Shop Card when you sign up for AT&T internet through Costco
- Get a $200 Costco Shop Card when you sign up for DirecTV through Costco
All require a 24-month agreement and prices may be higher in the second year.
Of course, these prices are a far cry from the money you could be saving each month if you went with one of the many cheaper streaming plans we discuss in our best live TV streaming service guide. As a general rule, you could be paying anywhere from $30/month to $65/month for pretty much all the channels you could want!
Costco can be a great place to buy a TV thanks to its great prices and generous warranty extension.
Just be sure to comparison shop before any major purchase. Our friends at ClarkDeals.com routinely list the best prices they’ve found on TVs right here.