Costco Wholesale can be a great option when you’re looking to buy your next TV.
Here’s what you need to know before buying at TV at Costco
Money expert Clark Howard loves Costco Wholesale for its great prices and quality products. If you’ve ever walked into a Costco, you know you’re hit with a whole section of TVs and electronics almost the minute you step inside the warehouse club.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the TVs that Costco sells, the extended warranty offered on all Costco TVs, the store’s return policy and more.
Costco TV buying guide: Table of contents
- What kinds of TVs does Costco sell?
- Does Costco offer an extended warranty on TVs?
- What is Costco’s return policy on TVs?
- A look at the Costco/DirecTV synergy
What kinds of TVs does Costco sell?
Costco sells a variety of off-brands and popular name brands alike. At last check, these included:
As far as screen size, there’s everything from modestly sized sub-40″ screens all the way up to jumbo screens that are almost 90 inches!
- 32 in.
- 40 in.
- 43 in.
- 49 in.
- 50 in.
- 55 in.
- 58 in.
- 60 in.
- 65 in.
- 75 in.
- 77 in.
- 82 in.
- 86 in.
Here’s a quick look at a few price points in some popular screen sizes we found when we checked in May 2019.
- TCL 4K UHD ROKU LED LCD TV – $279.99
- Samsung 4K UHD LED LCD TV – $349.99
- Element 4K UHD Roku LED LCD TV – $229.99
- Hisense 4K Ultra HD Roku LED LCD TV – $299.99
- Vizio 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV – $649.99
- Samsung 4K UHD LED LCD TV – $599.99
- LG 4K Ultra HD OLED TV – $3,449.99
- Peerless-AV Neptune Outdoor 4K UHD LED LCD TV – $3,199.99
Does Costco offer an extended warranty on TVs?
Yes! Costco has one of the best extended warranties in the business on TVs . The warehouse club extends the manufacturer’s warranty on TVs — along with other select electronics purchases — to two years from the date of purchase.
What is Costco’s return policy on TVs?
Costco has a near-legendary return policy that basically lets you return anything, at any time, no questions asked — with some limited exceptions.
Unfortunately, one of those exceptions is TVs. With Costco TVs, you only get 90 days to return the television after purchase if you decide you’re unhappy with it.
A look at the Costco/DirecTV synergy
DirectTV has a partnership with Costco that embeds salespeople in the TV department at your local warehouse club. You can even get a $300 Costco cash card when you activate new service.
As of May 2109, there are a variety of packages available through this offer:
- 155+ channels with DirecTV Select and Internet up to 300 Mbps for $75/month
- 185+ channels with DirecTV Select and Internet up to 300 Mbps for $85/month
- 155+ channels with DirecTV Select and Internet up to 1,000 Mbps for $95/month
As you can see, the cheapest starts at $75/month for 12 months on a 24-month contract. However, the price bumps up to $141/month during months 13-24 (subject to change). Ditto for the other packages, too.
Of course, that price is a far cry from the money you could be saving each month if you went with one of the many cheaper streaming plans we discuss in our best live TV streaming service guide. As a general rule, you could be paying around $40/month for pretty much all the channels you could want!
Costco can be a great place to buy a TV thanks to its great prices and generous warranty extension.
Just be sure to comparison shop before any major purchase. Our friends at ClarkDeals.com routinely list the best price they’ve found on TVs right here.
More Costco stories on Clark.com:
- 7 things to know before you buy gas at Costco Wholesale
- Costco members: Here are the best deals & coupons this month!
- 5 things to know before you buy glasses from Costco Optical