If you’ve had to shop for hearing aids, you know how expensive they can be. Fortunately, Sam’s Club provides a cheaper alternative for its members.
In this article, I’ll take a close look at Sam’s Club hearing aids and what you can expect when visiting the hearing aid center. I’ve recently researched the process of buying hearing aids from Sam’s Club and compared the prices to other popular hearing aid stores.
Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center: 5 Things to Know Before Your First Visit
Sam’s Club is a great place to shop for nearly anything including hearing aids. The Hearing Aid Centers provide access to a variety of services including hearing evaluations, repair services, follow-up tests and more. Plus, you’ll find great prices on quality hearing devices. Note that you do have to be a member of Sam’s Club to shop for hearing aids there.
Consumer Reports ranked Sam’s Club highly compared to other hearing aid stores during a survey in 2018. Survey respondents gave Sam’s Club above-average scores in categories including evaluation, discussion, options, answering questions, courtesy, training, follow-up service and price transparency. Consumer Reports members can see the full survey online.
Before you schedule your first appointment at a Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center, here are five things to know:
- What Hearing Aids Are Available at Sam’s Club?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club Cost?
- How To Buy Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club
- Services Available at Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers
- Pros and Cons of Buying Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club
Below, you’ll find detailed information including how much you can expect to pay, the types of hearing aids you can expect to see and how to schedule your first visit.
What Hearing Aids Are Available at Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club carries Liberty Hearing Aids, a brand available exclusively at the warehouse store. Liberty carries a variety of hearing aids including behind-the-ear, in-the-canal and custom devices.
While you won’t be able to purchase hearing aids online, you can check out the available selection on the Sam’s Club website. At the time of writing, there were 15 different models available.
In addition to hearing devices, Sam’s Club also carries hearing aid batteries and accessories.
You can check out the full selection online or visit your nearest club to discuss available options.
How Much Do Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club Cost?
When I checked out the available selection of hearing aids at Sam’s Club, the average price was $1,419.59 per device.
The cheapest price I saw for a hearing aid was $624.99. Three models were available for this price. The next most-affordable models were available for $1,174.98. The highest price was $1,924.98.
Still, it’s no secret that hearing aids can get pricey. In fact, a 2019 survey by Consumer Reports revealed that respondents typically spent $2,691 out of pocket for a pair of hearing aids. That means that a single device could cost around $1,345 on average.
Compared to that average, you may be able to save up to $720 by shopping at Sam’s Club depending on which model you purchase.
Don’t hesitate to take advantage of these savings. “You’re not going to get a worse hearing aid, and you’re not going to get worse service,” says money expert Clark Howard. “You’re only going to get the difference in price.”
How To Buy Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club
Unfortunately, you can’t purchase a hearing aid online through Sam’s Club, which means you’ll have to make an appointment to visit a Hearing Aid Center in person. Fortunately, there are more than 450 Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers across the country.
According to Sam’s Club’s website, there are four ways to schedule an appointment:
- Call the toll-free scheduling number at (888) 649-3756.
- Use the online scheduler at this website.
- Visit a Hearing Aid Center and schedule an appointment for a later date.
- Use the Club Locator to find a Hearing Aid Center and call the club’s phone number to schedule an appointment.
Unfortunately, when I tried calling the toll-free scheduling number and when I went to the online scheduling website, I wasn’t able to actually connect. For this reason, I recommend calling your nearest Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center directly to schedule an appointment.
You can visit this website, enter your ZIP code or city and state and check “Hearing Aid Center” to find your nearest location.
Once you’ve found a location, you can call the club’s phone number directly to schedule an appointment. This way, you’ll also get the latest information on your local Hearing Aid Center’s COVID-19 response.
Services Available at Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers
In addition to hearing aids and accessories, Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers also provide a variety of services for members.
According to the website, the centers offer the following services:
- Hearing evaluation (Audiogram)
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Referral for medical treatment (if needed)
- Hearing aid programming and/or adjustments
- Use and maintenance training
- Follow-up care and support
- Repair services
- Annual follow-up tests
Pros and Cons of Buying Hearing Aids at Sam’s Club
Ultimately, Sam’s Club is a great place to buy hearing aids. Members have access to great prices, a variety of services and exclusive devices. Of course, a membership is required to take advantage of these perks.
Based on my research, here are a few pros and cons to keep in mind when it comes to buying hearing aids from Sam’s Club.
- Pricing: Hearing aids at Sam’s Club start as low as $624.99, which is a great price compared to other hearing aid centers.
- Transparency: Even though you can’t order hearing aids online from Sam’s Club, you can still see the pricing online whether you’re a member or not. This is a great way to get an idea of whether or not you want to shop there.
- Services: Sam’s Club provides a variety of great services for their members including free follow-up appointments, repairs, hearing tests and more.
- Membership: You do have to be a Sam’s Club member to access to products and services at the Hearing Aid Center. At the time of writing, a standard annual membership began at $45.
- Ordering: You can’t order hearing aids online through Sam’s Club, which means you will have to schedule an appointment and visit the Hearing Aid Center in person.
- Selection: Sam’s Club carries only Liberty Hearing Aids, but you’ll still be able to choose which model and features work best for you.
While you do have to pay for a Sam’s Club membership to buy your hearing aid(s) here, the savings and services may be worth it.
The cost of a Sam’s Club membership will easily pay for itself if you plan on buying hearing aids there. According to Clark, “If you’re required to be a member to buy hearing aids at a warehouse club price, it is well worth the membership fee to do so.”
Finally, before you make your first appointment, take the time to contact your insurance provider and local Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center to see if you’ll be eligible for any coverage or reimbursement.
Where do you purchase your hearing aids? Let us know in the comments below!