Many fast food restaurants offer deals exclusively through their apps. This article is going to look at some major restaurants that feature deals via their apps.
I’ve downloaded all of the restaurant apps listed below and have confirmed that the offers are valid as of January 2022. That said, many fast food deals last for just a limited time, so make sure you check the app’s current promotions before you order.
Money expert Clark Howard is a big fan of fast food apps, which he uses to take advantage of the deals.
“I have the Whataburger, Chick-fil-A, Del Taco, In-and-Out, Krispy Kreme, McDonald’s, and Shake Shack apps on my phone,” he says. “The Chick-fil-A app is one of my favorite food apps because I can choose to pick up my order and skip the lines.”
Fast Food Restaurants With App Loyalty Programs
|Burger King||$2 Whopper Wednesdays|
|Chick-fil-A||Chick-fil-A One members earn points for purchases.|
|Domino's Pizza||Any large specialty pizza for $12.99|
|Dunkin’ Donuts||Free beverage with an order of Omelet Bites|
|Jimmy John's||Free sandwich after your first order|
|McDonald's||Free breakfast biscuit with minimum purchase of $1|
|Popeyes||Free regular side, small drink or apple pie with email sign-up|
|Sonic||Half-off drinks and Slushies for app orders|
|Steak 'n Shake||Earn $5 rewards for every $50 you spend.|
|Wendy's||$2 off any Premium Combo|
Best Fast Food Deals via App
Now let’s take a deeper look at some of the deals you can get with these fast-food restaurant apps.
- $2 Whopper Wednesdays when ordering via app or bk.com (through January 2022)
- Free upsize for small or medium fries, drink, hash browns or coffee (limited to one per day)
When you sign up for the free Chick-fil-A One membership program, you can earn points from every purchase you make. Those points translate into perks, discounts and freebies you can earn and track inside the Chick-fil-A app (Android | iOS).
There are four tiers of the loyalty program, with rewards increasing at each new level. Here are the points you earn with each membership:
- Chick-fil-A One Member: $1 = 10 points
- Chick-fil-A One Silver Member (1,000 points in a year): $1 = 11 points
- Chick-fil-A One Red Member (4,000 points in a year): $1 = 12 points
- Chick-fil-A One Signature Member (10,000 points in a year): $1 = 13 points
The Domino’s Pizza app (Android | iOS) features ways for you to earn points through its Piece of the Pie rewards program. For example, one order will earn you 10 points. Once you earn 60 points, you get a free pizza.
The app also has location-specific deals once you select a Domino’s near you. Here are some of the deals that came up for me:
- Any large specialty pizza for $12.99
- Any five-topping large, medium or gluten-free pizza for $10.99 (carryout only)
- Two or more large two-topping pizzas for $11.99 each
Once you enable your location, the app shows you nearby deals. The deals I found below are valid only through February 1, 2022:
- Get a free beverage with an order of Omelet Bites.
- Earn two points on plant-based lattes.
- Earn four points on all other hot and iced drinks.
As a Freaky Fast Rewards member, you’ll also get the first look at new promotions and a treat on your birthday. Here are more restaurants that reward you for your birthday.
- Free large fries when you download the app
- Free breakfast biscuit with minimum purchase of $1 (excludes tax)
- Buy one breakfast sandwich, get one free
Here are some top deals:
- 10 points for every $1 you spend online or in the app
- Free regular side, small drink or apple pie when you sign up for the Popeyes Rewards program
- 100 bonus points on all family meals purchased via app or online
The deal includes all soft drinks, iced teas, lemonades and limeades. The Sonic Garlic Butter Bacon Burger is also available for half price in the app.
Steak ‘n Shake
You can earn points not only through purchases but also by sharing a code to invite your friends to join the Steak ‘n Shake rewards club.
- $2 off any salad
- $3 off mobile order of $15 or more
- $2 off any Premium Combo
Because smartphones are so handy today, it should be a breeze to save money by using an app from your favorite restaurant.
Keep in mind is that deals often expire, so when you find one, make sure you take note of how long it’s valid. And remember that the apps are collecting your information when you sign up.
There are plenty of ways to save on what you eat. Here are some other apps that can lower your food bill.
What’s your favorite fast-food restaurant app? Let us know in the comments.