If you’re a college student looking to save money, one of the best streaming deals out there is the Spotify Premium Hulu student discount with Showtime.
Spotify Premium Discount: 5 Things You Need to Know
For the amount of content you can watch for just $4.99 a month, the Spotify Premium Hulu student discount is hard to beat.
This article is going to tell you everything you need to know about the discount, including what comes with it and who’s eligible for it.
Let’s break down five things you should know about the Spotify Premium student discount:
1. What’s Included in the Spotify Premium Student Discount?
Spotify Premium: The Spotify Premium student discount gets you millions of songs from some of the biggest artists. Users can sync and download tunes to their devices. And unlike Spotify’s free option, Premium is ad-free.
Hulu: Also included in the student discount is Hulu Limited Commercials (ad-supported), which has thousands of movies and TV shows to choose from. This product normally costs $5.99 a month and is a step below the Hulu No Commercials plan, which costs $11.99 a month.
Here’s what’s not included: Hulu live streaming. That means you won’t catch the day’s TV news shows in real-time.
Showtime: This service is included for free! Students will find popular original programming and plenty of on-demand content.
2. How Much Money Can the Spotify Premium Student Discount Save You?
Let’s talk price: For $4.99 a month, the Spotify Premium Hulu deal is pretty much a steal, especially when you throw in Showtime.
If you paid for each service separately, the math would look like this:
- Hulu ($5.99) + Showtime ($10.99) + Spotify Premium ($9.99) = $26.97
- Add it all up and students save nearly $22 a month and almost $264 for the year
3. Who Is Eligible for the Spotify Premium Discount?
The discount only applies to students who are over age 18 and currently attend a Title IV accredited institution in the United States. Title IV schools are those that process federal financial aid. All the Title IV schools are on this list.
Spotify says it verifies your enrollment status with a third-party program called SheerID.
4. What Are the Restrictions You Need to Know About?
As far as restrictions, the Spotify discount deal is only open to higher education students who haven’t already tried Premium.
After the initial 12-month plan, you can re-up only three times, according to the “Questions” section of the rules. So Spotify is basically saying that they’ll give you the deal for up to four years of your college career.
5. What if You Already Have Spotify, Hulu or Showtime?
If you’re already a paying subscriber of either Spotify, Hulu or Showtime, you’re still eligible for the discount plan if you’re a qualifying student.
Just know that your payment date will likely change based on when you switched over to the Spotify Premium discount plan.
- For existing Hulu subscribers: If you pay Hulu directly and don’t have any premium networks added, your existing account can be included in the Spotify Premium discount.
- For existing Showtime customers: If you’re already a Showtime customer, cancel your existing billing and wait until after the next billing date to link your account from your Spotify Services page.
With this discount, Spotify is making it affordable for students to stream the content they love.
As of this writing in July 2020, Spotify is giving those who sign up for the Premium discount a 30-day free trial.
If you want to know about the best ways to watch popular TV shows and movies, read the Team Clark Streaming Guide.