FNBO Direct is an online bank that offers solid interest rates if you need a place to park some cash — and you want easy access to ATMs to withdraw it.
In this article, we’ll examine how FNBO Direct works, how you can access your money, how much interest you can earn and more.
Table of Contents
- What Is FNBO Direct?
- What Kinds of Bank Accounts Does FNBO Direct Offer?
- How Do I Withdraw Money From My FNBO Direct Account?
- How Do I Add Money to My FNBO Direct Account?
- How Do I Get in Touch With FNBO Direct Customer Service?
1. What Is FNBO Direct?
FNBO Direct is the online arm of the First National Bank of Omaha, a Nebraska-based institution that’s been around more than 160 years.
FNBO Direct offers checking and savings accounts online.
2. What Kinds of Bank Accounts Does FNBO Direct Offer?
FNBO Direct offers two bank accounts:
- Online savings account
- Online checking account
Online Savings Account
The FNBO Direct Online Savings Account is the bank’s most popular offering, according to the bank itself. It pays an interest rate that’s competitive in the market right now. It has no monthly fees, and you need only a $1 to open an account. This FDIC-protected account insures your funds up to $250,000.
Theo of Team Clark has had this account for a while, and he says he’s still happy with the service.
“I started this account back before the 2008 financial crisis when FNBO had a 5% interest rate. I’ve seen it go down over the years, of course,” he says. “But even so, their interest rate is always competitive despite being in a lower interest rate environment right now. And the customer service has been just fine. I’ve never had a problem.”
Online Checking Account
The FNBO Direct Online Checking Account pays an uncommonly high rate of interest on checking. In fact, it’s the highest interest rate on our list of 7 Best Free Checking Accounts. And while you may not think of earning interest on your checking account, it sure is nice when you can!
There are no monthly fees for this account, and your deposits are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
However, there is one thing this account doesn’t have that may be an issue for you. FNBO Direct does not use paper checks.
3. How Do I Withdraw Money From My FNBO Direct Account?
You can access your money surcharge-free via the Allpoint ATM network. Allpoint offers more than 55,000 free ATMs at many national retailers including:
- Circle K
- CVS Pharmacy
- Winn Dixie
4. How Do I Add Money to My FNBO Direct Account?
FNBO Direct offers four basic ways to add money to your account:
- Direct deposit
- Transfer from a linked external bank account
- Mobile deposit of a paper check
- Wire transfer
5. How Do I Get in Touch With FNBO Direct Customer Service?
There are three ways to get in touch with the customer service department at FNBO Direct:
- Email/online message center
- U.S. Postal mail
You can access the online message center when you’re logged into FNBODirect.com.
And here’s a list of relevant telephone numbers:
- General customer service number: 877-370-3707
- Credit card customer service: 888-530-3626
- User ID/Password help or technical assistance: 877-370-3707
- Hearing-impaired customers with TDD equipment: 855-827-9660
FNBO Direct offers a pretty solid choice if you’re looking for a new online bank. Here’s a recap of the pros and cons:
FNBO Direct: Pros and Cons
|No monthly fees||No physical branches|
|$1 minimum opening balance required||No paper checks|
|Competitive interest rates|
If FNBO Direct doesn’t work for you, another online bank might. Be sure to read our story on the Best Online Banks to see what’s available.