The best smartphones from brands like Apple and Samsung cost close to $1,000, but you don’t need to spend all of that money to get a high-performing device.
Money expert Clark Howard bought the Moto G6 in June 2018 and said he really liked it after a few weeks of testing.
Clark Howard tries out the Moto G6 Android smartphone
During our Team Clark editorial meeting, Clark told us that the phone is “extraordinary” and he didn’t really miss the normal phone he carries around, his Samsung Galaxy Note8 ($950 retail price).
Read on to learn more about the Moto G6 and Clark’s unbought and unbossed opinion…
You can always subscribe to our ClarkDeals.com newsletter to learn about phone deals when they happen!
One thing that makes the Moto G6 phone special is that you can buy it unlocked from Best Buy, Amazon and other retailers, and it will work with all major U.S. carriers.
Here’s a full list of the technical specifications for the device:
- 5.7″ Full HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8 GHz octa-core processor and 4G speed
- Rear camera hardware: 12 MP & 5 MP dual rear cameras, f/1.8 aperture
- Front camera hardware: 8 MP
- Advanced imaging software
- 32 GB of internal storage expandable to 128 GB
- All-day battery
- TurboPower charging (hours of power in just minutes of charging)
- Multi-function fingerprint reader
- Water repellent nano-coating inside and out
- Unlocked for all major U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Google Fi
Pros and cons
Overall, Clark said the Moto G6 is a fantastic bargain. The 5.7-inch screen display (bigger than an iPhone 8 Plus!) and long battery life are two of Clark’s favorite features.
The one thing that didn’t impress him? The performance of Moto G6’s camera when taking pictures indoors:
“Usually when you look at a cheaper phone, there are going to be all kinds of compromises. And if I could think of anything on this phone that I’m not thrilled with, it’s some of the interior shots that I take. If there’s decent lighting inside, the phone does fine. If it’s not decent lighting inside, it’s a disappointment. Other than that, everything about this Motorola phone is extraordinary.”
Whether you decide to buy the Moto G6 or any other smartphone, switching wireless carriers is another way to save a lot of money. The best plans and deals start at $10 a month!