Fire hazard: iPhone burns hole into notebook

|
Fire hazard: iPhone burns hole into notebook
Image Credit: Cherry Hill Fire Department
Team Clark is adamant that we will never write content influenced by or paid for by an advertiser. To support our work, we do make money from some links to companies and deals on our site. Learn more about our guarantee here.
Advertisement

Modern technology is great, but it apparently comes with some safety hazards!

Read more: 8 ways to make your smartphone battery last longer

A new fire danger from the iPhone

You’ve may have heard about the burn threat posed by spontaneously combusting phones or how hoverboards can burst into flames if they’re overcharged or overheated.

Well, here’s a new wrinkle: An iPhone 6 recently overheated and burned through 12 pages of notebook paper. Worse yet, the device was reportedly not charging or even being used at the time of the combustion. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

The image below is from the Cherry Hill (N.J.) Fire Department’s Facebook page.

Remember not to charge your phone under a pillow!

This iPhone 6 episode is reminiscent of a recent tweet from the New York Police Department’s 33rd Precinct that served to remind people about the dangers of leaving their phones under pillows while charging.

Read more: How many teens are addicted to their smartphones?

Advertisement
Theo Thimou About the author:
Theo has co-written several books with Clark Howard, including the New York Times #1 bestseller Living Large in Lean Times. As a single widowed parent of two young children, he strives to bring unique savings tips to men and women like him who must face life without their spouses. He can be reached at [email protected]
View More Articles
  • Show Comments Hide Comments