Biker gets burned on thigh when iPhone explodes

|
Biker gets burned on thigh when iPhone explodes
Image Credit: twitter.com/gareth_clear
Team Clark is adamant that we will never write content influenced by or paid for by an advertiser. To support our work, we do make money from some links to companies and deals on our site. Learn more about our guarantee here.
Advertisement

One biker ended up with severe burns when his iPhone exploded while it was on him.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported that biker Gareth Clear, 36, said he fell from his bike Sunday afternoon.

Read more: NYPD warning: Don’t do this with your cell phone

When he fell, he said the iPhone in his back pocket ignited.

‘I just saw smoke coming out of my back pocket … and then all of a sudden I felt this surging pain,’ Clear said. ‘I just remember looking at my leg and I had this black discharge all down my leg and this smell of phosphorus​.’

Clear tweeted graphic photos of his injury Sunday, tagging Apple CEO Tim Cook, Australian media and U.K. media outlets, in addition to Apple News Australia and U.K.

Clear told The Daily Telegraph that he had to undergo skin graft surgery at the hospital.

A spokesman for the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission told The Sydney Morning Herald the incident is under investigation along with New South Wales Fair Trading.

The graphic photo of Clear’s injuries can be seen below.

 

Read more: These are the best cell phone plans and deals out there

A hot new smartphone for a fraction of the price

Advertisement
  • Show Comments Hide Comments