Days after completing a merger with Time Warner, AT&T has announced that it’s launching two new unlimited wireless plans that will include its new live TV streaming service called WatchTV.
The new unlimited plans — AT&T Unlimited &More and AT&T Unlimited &More Premium — are now available to consumers.
AT&T’s new unlimited wireless plans: What you need to know
“WatchTV features 30+ live channels, will be compatible on virtually every current smartphone, tablet, or web browser, and certain streaming devices. In addition to live programming, WatchTV includes over 15,000 TV shows and movies on demand.”
AT&T says WatchTV is provided at no additional cost with its two latest unlimited wireless plans. It’s also available for $15 a month as a standalone service at www.attwatchtv.com.
Here’s a first look at the list of channels you can get with AT&T WatchTV:
- Animal Planet
- BBC World News
- BBC America
- Cartoon Network
- Food Network
- Hallmark Channel
- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Investigation Discovery
- Lifetime Movies
- Sundance TV
- WE tv
In addition to the channels on this list, AT&T says BET, Comedy Central, MTV2, Nicktoons, TeenNick and VH1 will be added to WatchTV soon.
The channel lineup has a lot in common with Philo’s $16/month service — no sports and no local stations.
Again, both of the new unlimited plans will come with WatchTV, but the &More Premium plan will have additional perks.
For example, customers can add one of several premium services at no extra charge: HBO, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora Premium and more are options.
That plan also includes 15 GB of high-speed tethering, high definition video and a $15 monthly credit for AT&T video services.
AT&T Unlimited &More Premium:
- Option to add WatchTV
- Option to add one of several premium services
- $15 monthly credit toward DIRECTV, DirecTV Now and U-verse TV
- 15 GB of high-speed tethering
- High-quality video
AT&T Unlimited &More:
- Option to add WatchTV
- $15 monthly credit toward DirecTV Now
- Up to 4G LTE unlimited data
UPDATE: The new unlimited plans and AT&T WatchTV went live Thursday, June 28. If you have one of the new unlimited plans, go to www.attwatchtv.com/verify to sign up for WatchTV.
Team Clark tested out WatchTV as soon as it became available. Read our comprehensive review here!
More Clark.com stories you may like:
- DirecTV Now: Why Clark Howard has changed his mind
- 5 things to know before you sign up for Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue: 4 things to know about the live TV streaming service
- Should you sign up for YouTube TV?
- 4 things to know about Hulu’s live TV streaming service
- Philo review: This cheap live TV streaming service is only $16/month