Are you intrigued by the mix of original and legacy content available on Paramount+?
If you’re a T-Mobile wireless customer, you may soon get a chance to add the ViacomCBS video streaming service to your devices for a whole year without paying a dime.
The popular wireless phone service provider recently announced that it will offer a free year of Paramount+ to select customers. We have all the details!
These T-Mobile Customers Get Paramount+ Free for a Year
Beginning November 9, 2021, select T-Mobile customers will be able to claim a free year of the Paramount+ Essential subscription package.
To claim this reward, you must be an active T-Mobile and Sprint postpaid voice wireless and home internet customer who is a resident of the United States and at least 18 years of age. This means prepaid customers and those with business plans with more than 12 lines are excluded.
The advertisement for this benefit is already live on the T-Mobile website.
A year’s worth of the Paramount+ Essential monthly subscription, which retails at $4.99 per month, is worth $60. That’s a pretty good freebie!
Of course, there are some details in the fine print that you’ll want to know about before jumping at this offer:
- T-Mobile requires you to use your active account information to register to get a promo code once this promotion is live. You’ll then have 30 days to redeem that code to activate your Paramount+ Essential monthly plan.
- You have to register for a Paramount+ account, which will include adding a valid payment method for continued service after your promotion period ends. That means you’ll need to remember to cancel your account at the end of your 12 free months or face additional charges to continue the service.
- This promotion is for both new and existing Paramount+ subscribers. Existing subscribers will need to follow different instructions, which I’ll outline below.
- T-Mobile is limiting this promotion to one code per qualifying account. So you’ll need to share this subscription with any friends or family who are on your wireless phone account.
- You must sign up for the Paramount+ Essential plan. This code cannot be used as a discount toward the Premium plan.
How To Redeem This Offer if You’re Already a Paramount+ Subscriber
As mentioned earlier, both new and existing Paramount+ customers can get this free year.
If you already have a Paramount+ subscription, T-Mobile says your process will be slightly different from what we outlined for new subscribers above.
Here are the instructions for adding the free year to your existing subscription:
- Starting on November 9, 2021, visit https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ParamountPlus.
- Enter in your T-Mobile or Sprint-mobile number.
- Log in with your T-Mobile or Sprint ID.
- Read the terms and conditions and continue.
- Fill in your personal information and continue.
- After successful submission, you will see a link on screen that will redirect you to Paramount+ to redeem the offer and sign up directly via Paramount+.
What Is Included With the Paramount+ Essential Subscription Package?
Paramount+ offers a streaming blend of new and legacy content from several ViacomCBS properties including CBS, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon. It also has some live news and sports.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this Paramount+ promotion, you may be confused by the term “’Essential’ subscription.”
The “Essential” package is mostly a rebrand of the ad-supported version of Paramount+. That means that you’ll be subjected to commercials (that you can’t skip) during your streaming experience.
The ad-free version, which costs $9.99 per month, is now referred to as “Premium.”
The other major difference between the Essentials and Premium packages is that you won’t get live access to your local CBS affiliate with the Essential plan. You now must have a Premium subscription to enjoy that.
That’s annoying, but there is plenty to enjoy from an Essential subscription. This includes access to some of the following:
- NFL on CBS broadcasts
- UEFA Champions League soccer matches
- The Masters
- CBS Sports HQ (24-hour sports news stream)
- PGA TOUR events
- NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (March Madness)
- Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years
- MTV’s The Real World: Homecoming
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Star Trek: Picard
- The Good Fight: What Is Memo 618?
- The Twilight Zone
- Tooning Out The News
You can find a full list of original content here.
Popular TV Series
- Blue Bloods
- Big Brother
- 60 Minutes
- The Daily Show
- Chapelle’s Show
- SpongeBob Square Pants
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. You can find a more comprehensive list of television series available here.
This is one of those “no brainer” add-ons for existing T-Mobile customers. You get a free year of service for one of the more popular new streaming TV services just for being a wireless or internet customer.
However, you’ll want to set yourself a reminder for the end date of your free year if you want to avoid paying for Paramount+ once your deal expires. Note that you’ll have to put a credit card on file (so that they can try to hook you as a long-term customer once the trial is up).
You may find that Paramount+ is worth the $4.99 monthly price to continue beyond that free year. If so, you may want to explore paying for a full year upfront for additional savings. As the pricing structure stands right now, you can get a year for the price of 10 months ($49.99 for the annual subscription versus $4.99 monthly).
More Clark.com Content You May Like: