Travel Safety Tips:
- Learn about the places that you plan to visit. Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs in those areas. Information can be obtained from your public library, local travel agency, or the U. S. State Department and over the Internet.
- Ensure that you have all official documents, i.e., passport, shot records, international driver’s license, etc.
- Grant power of attorney to an immediate relative/close friend. Complete or update your will to include naming a guardian for any minor children.
- Establish a point of contact for your family to call in an emergency.
- Carry an extra set of eyeglasses and any necessary medications (along with a copy of the prescription and the generic name of the drug) in your carry-on luggage. Keep all medications in their original containers.