Are you passionate about saving money? Do you want to empower more people to save more and spend less of the money they make?
We’re looking for an experienced personal finance writer to join the Clark.com editorial team.
This person will work with the Managing Editor and digital editorial team to create original and unique content — including timely, evergreen, long- and short-form text pieces, as well as original videos — for all Clark.com platforms.
This person must deeply understand, appreciate and be able to recognize legitimate money-saving advice. He/she must also have a deep understanding of personal finance topics, specifically those that fall under the mission of Clark.com.
The ideal candidate must have strong writing skills, be a fast writer and be able to craft engaging headlines – for both digital and social media. This person should also be familiar with the Clark.com brand and audience and be able to identify valuable stories that will resonate with readers, as well as drive engagement and traffic via search results, social media and other avenues.
This person must also enjoy discovering the latest money and consumer news before anyone else, be very familiar with the personal finance industry, and be passionate about finding and creating unique content that stands out among the competitive digital and social landscape.
- Identify trending topics and story ideas aligned with the brand’s core mission.
- Cover breaking news and interesting/timely trends.
- Write compelling content and headlines to drive audience engagement and traffic via search results, social media and other avenues.
- Translate complicated subjects into compelling, engaging stories that are understandable, actionable, and interesting.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest digital, SEO and social media trends, as well as developments in strategies to increase engagement with the Clark brand.
- Perform quality assurance on presentation and delivery of all digital and social content.
- Implement strategies to create the best on-site experience that drives users deeper onto the site beyond just a single page view.
- Deep understanding of the new digital media landscape and the ability to create content that attracts new audiences via various digital and social platforms.
- Informed on daily money content and legitimate money-saving advice.
- Exceptional editorial, writing and editing skills, and experience in editing for SEO preferred.
- An independent spirit that thrives in a startup environment and can make decisions quickly and handle several tasks at once.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly, stay informed on industry trends, and explore and utilize emerging social platforms.
- Creative thinker with an ability to use data and intuition to inform decisions and create relevant content quickly.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and other emerging social media platforms.
- Strong understanding of how to identify what the target audience is engaging with across digital and social platforms.
- Ability to keep track of, and understand, the latest developments and changes in best practices for publishers across various digital news and social media sites.
- 5+ years of editorial experience, experience writing for digital platforms preferred.
- Excellent personal finance writing skills.
- A passion and strong understanding of the consumer news industry and the mission of the Clark brand.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, writing samples, enthusiastic video or anything else displaying your interest to [email protected].