Good news for Costco shoppers! The Costco app now allows you to create a digital membership card right on your phone.
With this digital membership, you can get into the warehouse club, shop as you normally would and checkout at the register — all while leaving your real physical card at home!
What you need to know about Costco’s new digital membership card option
In late July 2019, Costco announced the arrival of this option for both Android and iPhone users. Here are the requirements to access your digital membership card:
- A Costco membership
- An active Costco.com or Costco.ca account
- A verified membership (learn more here)
- The newest version of Costco’s app installed on your device
- A mobile device that operates on iOS (version 11 or above) or Android (version 6 or above)
In addition to allowing warehouse entry and checkout capability, you can also use your digital membership card in the following departments:
- Hearing Aid
- Tire Center
Meanwhile, the Costco apps also allows you to renew your membership on your phone and view your 2% reward balance there, if applicable.
Physical membership cards will still be accepted at all locations. This just gives you another option if you want to go digital with your membership.
Finally, we should note a couple of things you still can’t do with the Costco app:
- Actually pay at the register using the app
- Pay for gasoline when filling up at the pump outside Costco
You can get further details about the digital membership card in the official FAQs here.