The TJX Companies Inc. is just weeks away from opening its first Homesense location in the United States!
The new off-price home concept is meant to complement its sister chain, HomeGoods, which is owned by TJX, along with T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.
Although Homesense and HomeGoods are sister stores, they’re not twins. Homesense will have a “greater depth” of merchandise in certain categories.
The mission is to offer “on-trend, high-quality home merchandise at a great value.”
“Just as our customers enjoy shopping both TJ Maxx and Marshalls, we are confident that loyal customers and new shoppers alike will be excited about shopping both Homesense and HomeGoods,” said John Ricciuti, President of HomeGoods and Homesense in the U.S. “As the U.S. home market continues to grow, we are excited to bring consumers an expanded selection of quality merchandise at incredible prices, along with a new shopping experience in which they can discover and curate the home of their dreams.”
What exactly can shoppers expect? Here’s a sneak peek at Homesense:
- Oversized furniture, such as sectionals and sofas, futons and day beds and leather items
- Expanded at-home workplace essentials, such as desks, bookcases and filing cabinets
- Oversize rugs up to 14 feet long, as well as rounds, runners and scatters
- Wide variety of hanging chandeliers and brightly lit lamps
- Chair gallery featuring everything from dining chairs to bar stools as well as pillows, poufs and ottomans
- Expansive displays of art, mounted for gallery-style shopping
- Unique bar and game room furniture, such as card tables, pool tables, foosball tables
- Expanded selection of gifting items and wrapping essentials
- “General Store” with all things organization, cleaning and home improvement
The first Homesense store opens August 17 in Framingham, Massachusetts. Later in the fall, stores will be added in East Hanover, New Jersey; Ocean Township, New Jersey and Westwood, Massachusetts.