Looking to pick up a dozen eggs, some fruit or some ice cream — and do it quickly and safely? Target is making that easier for a lot more people. And if you’re a RedCard or TargetCircle member, you’ll still be able to earn your discounts and rewards.
The retailer just announced that 600 more stores are now offering fresh and frozen grocery items through its pickup and drive-up services. Target originally announced the addition of fresh and frozen grocery items to its contactless curbside pickup business in June 2020.
5 Things to Know About Target Order Pickup and Drive Up
Here are some things to know about Target’s order pickup and drive up services as well as its fresh and frozen grocery offerings.
1. What Are Target Order Pickup and Drive Up?
Target’s pickup and drive up services are how online shoppers get their items after placing an order. After you select items online or through the Target app, you can decide between these two options:
- Before your purchase, take note of the estimated time your order will be ready. On its website, Target says items should be ready within a few hours.
- Go to the customer service counter just inside the store to pick up your items.
- Once you pull into the designated parking space, a Target employee loads your trunk with your items.
- There is no signature required from the customer.
2. What Items Can You Get Via Target Order Pickup and Drive Up?
At first, Target customers could choose from around 250,000 household items by using order pickup or drive up. Now, you can browse 750 grocery items, including all types of meat, dairy, bakery and frozen foods.
Along with the new food items available via pickup and drive up, customers can shop and save money. Here’s a screenshot of some of the items available on the Target app as well as the discounts for RedCard holders:
3. Where Are Target’s Order Pickup and Drive Up Services Available?
As of this writing, Target has rolled out the service to more than 1,000 locations across the United States. Here are the states that currently offer the service:
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
If you don’t see your state on the list, call your local Target and ask the manager whether it’s available.
4. Is There a Minimum Order Requirement or a Fee?
Target says there is no minimum order requirement or fee associated with using its order pickup and drive up services.
5. Are There Any Discounts?
Target says its RedCard discounts and TargetCircle rewards programs apply to pickup and drive up. Target’s RedCard offers 5% off of purchases in-store and online.
Planning to use Target’s pickup or drive up service soon? Remember to use your RedCard or Target Circle app with your purchase to help reduce your bill.
If you don’t have a Target near you or you prefer not to shop there, several other grocery pickup options exist! Check out Team Clark’s list of best grocery pickup services to learn more.