If you love going to the theater to watch new films, Regal Cinemas just launched a movie ticket subscription service that might be worth your while.
What makes this venture unique is that Regal’s subscription plan is unlimited — you can watch as many movies as you like.
Everything you need to know about Regal’s new movie subscription plan
Regal Unlimited is actually a membership tier of the Crown Club, the company’s customer loyalty program. Here’s everything you need to know about the unlimited service:
1. How much does Regal Unlimited cost?
The Regal movie ticket subscription service has three plans. As the price goes up, so does your access to Regal theaters nationwide where you can use the subscription.
|Plan||Monthly cost||Yearly cost||Access|
|Unlimited||$18||$216||200 Regal theaters nationwide|
|Unlimited Plus||$21||$252||400 Regal theaters nationwide|
|Unlimited All Access||$23.50||$282||All Regal theaters nationwide|
Users with a Regal subscription also get dibs on advance tickets and 10% off on all food and non-alcoholic drinks. Other perks, including access to special events, will also be offered.
Keep in mind that applicable taxes will be added onto each subscription plan.
2. How do you sign up for Regal Unlimited?
For now, the only way to sign up for Regal Unlimited is to download the Regal app.
When you sign up for a free Regal Crown Club account, your account number will be linked to a “digital Subscription Pass.”
Once you’ve paid for your Regal Unlimited membership, you can choose a movie in the app (only three pending reservations at a time) or go to the theater and present your subscription pass.
3. What are the membership requirements?
Here are some rules you’ll need to know before you sign up:
- You must be at least 16 years old. If not, you’ll need the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- You’ll need a “head and shoulders” profile picture: This is what Regal will use to identify you to grant you entry into the movie.
- You must sign up for one year at a minimum. In most cases, you will not be able to cancel your subscription before the initial 12-month period is over.
4. How do you cancel Regal Unlimited?
To cancel your Regal Unlimited membership, you can contact them the following ways:
- By phone at 888-462-7342 between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. ET
- By email at [email protected]
- Via the Regal app
5. How does Regal Unlimited compare to AMC Stubs A-List?
If you’re an AMC Stubs A-List member, you may be wondering how the subscription plans compare. Here’s what you need to know:
AMC Stubs A-List
6. Are there any other fees with Regal Unlimited?
Before you sign up for a Regal Unlimited subscription, there is some fine print related to fees that you need to know about:
- You will be hit with a surcharge if you use the service at a theater not included in your subscription plan.
- You may also incur a “convenience fee” to reserve admission tickets for same-day showtimes.
- Some theaters may charge a “premium seating surcharge” for formats like 3D, RPX, IMAX, and ScreenX.
If you go to the movies a lot, Regal’s new subscription plan may be a good value. But with a 12-month commitment and cost of more than $200 a year, make sure that you’ll really use it before you join.
Prefer to watch movies from the comfort of your own home? See Clark’s guide to watching free movies online!