2019 is shaping up to be another tough year for some traditional retailers. After shutting down nearly 5,000 stores in 2018, there are already a ton of announcements regarding store closings in 2019, with many more expected in the coming months.
The latest news comes from home goods retailer Bed Bath & Beyond.
Retail closings: The latest news
Bed Bath & Beyond – 40+ locations to close
Bed Bath & Beyond says it will shutter “a minimum of approximately 40 stores” this year because of the high cost of commercial real estate.
“This number will grow unless we are able to negotiate more favorable lease terms with our landlords,” Chief Financial Officer Robyn D’Elia revealed during a recent earnings call.
At the same time, D’Elia says Bed Bath & Beyond is planning to open 15 new stores in 2019.
Shopko Stores – All 370 locations to liquidate by June 16
After entering bankruptcy and announcing the closure of some 250 stores in February, Shopko failed to find an investor to help restructure and get out from underneath an estimated $10 billion in debt.
So, in mid-March, the Midwestern chain made the difficult decision to shutter all of its 370 stores; that process is expected to take place over the next three months. The closures will wind down by June 16, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.
“This is not the outcome that we had hoped for when we started our restructuring efforts,” CEO Russ Steinhorst said in a press release. “We want to thank all of our teammates for their hard work and dedication during their time at Shopko.”
Charlotte Russe – All 500+ stores in 49 states closing
After initially announcing it would shed just a fifth of its stores in February, Charlotte Russe has now abruptly announced it will shut down all operations after failing to finding a suitable way out of bankruptcy.
Liquidation sales will begin immediately and all sales are final.
As is always the case when a retailer goes out of business, you’re now racing against the clock to use up any gift cards you may have sitting around. Charlotte Russe stores will accept gift cards through March 21. After that, they’ll be worthless!
Amazon – Closing all 87 pop-up locations
The e-commerce giant has announced it’s closing all of its U.S. pop-up shops that were mainly used to demo and sell smart speakers, tablets, and Kindles to customers in malls.
The closures are likely to come by April 29, according to the Wall Street Journal.
While these closures are imminent, Amazon is far from exiting the brick-and-mortar retail game.
In fact, the Seattle-based company also said it plans to expand its bookstores and so-called “four star” stores that feature merchandise identified as customer faves online.
Plus, Amazon is said to be studying what it learned after buying Whole Foods with an eye toward opening dozens of grocery stores across the U.S. These stores would feature lower price points and more inventory than the organic supermarket.
And that’s not to mention the ongoing rollout of its cashierless Amazon Go convenience stores!
Dollar Tree – Closing or rebranding some 600 Family Dollar locations
After buying Family Dollar four years ago, Dollar Tree says it will revamp the struggling banner by closing up to 390 Family Dollar stores this year. Additionally, the company expects some 200 other Family Dollars will be turned into Dollar Trees during 2019.
Meanwhile, other major changes are also underway at Dollar Tree. The store may give into pressure from activist investors and try additional price points like $1.50 or $2 in an effort to remain profitable, according to The Wall Street Journal.
“Testing new initiatives is an essential component of the Company’s ability to evolve and provide the best customer experience, including multi-price point testing, which has been done on prior occasions,” the company said.
But don’t worry, it has no plans to abandon the $1 price point!
“The Dollar Tree banner has one of the most unique, differentiated and defensible brand concepts in all of value retail,” the company notes. “The one-dollar fixed-price point has been a critical element of Dollar Tree’s success, generating deep customer loyalty and strong historical performance.”
Abercrombie & Fitch – Up to 40 stores being shuttered
After closing 29 stores last year, Abercrombie & Fitch said during a March 6 earnings reveal that up to 40 stores will be shuttered this year.
While there’s no word yet exactly which locations will go dark, it’s likely to be a mix of the clothing retailer’s Abercrombie and Hollister locations, just as it was in 2018.
Victoria’s Secret – Closing 53 stores
The seller of women’s intimate apparel plans to ramp up store closures more in 2019 as it rejiggers its retail fleet to meet changing consumer expectations.
Next up on the chopping block are 53 additional stores, the locations of which have not yet been announced.
For perspective, Victoria’s Secret closed 30 stores in 2018, according to USA TODAY.
“We are closing more stores [than] we did in 2018 and expected [to] in 2019, based on the overall performance of the Victoria’s Secret business, not meeting our expectations or having year-on-year declines,” CFO Stuart Burgdoerfer said during a recent earnings call.
GAP – More than 230 stores to close over next two years
The fashion retailer is undergoing a major structural change that will see it sell off its Old Navy brand and shutter hundreds of its namesake stores over a 24-month period.
“There are approximately 150 closures that will take place as leases naturally expire over the next two years,” CFO Teri List-Stoll said during an earnings call.
“In that same timeframe, we also are actively pursuing more rapid closures of about 75 and up to maybe 100 stores that do not meet our criteria for retention. We expect the stores with the most significant losses will be closed by the end of fiscal year 2019.”
Tesla – Closing the bulk of its dealerships
Electric car company Tesla will be closing the bulk of its dealer showrooms in the coming months. The move underscores a wholesale change to its business model as it switches to online sales and rolls out the long-awaited $35,000 Tesla Model 3.
“Over the next few months, we will be winding down many of our stores, with a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers,” the company writes in a blog post. “The important thing for customers in the United States to understand is that, with online sales, anyone in any state can quickly and easily buy a Tesla.”
J.C. Penney – 27 more stores closing
J.C. Penney announced that it’s going to shutter more than two dozen additional locations by spring 2019 after going on a closing spree that saw 140 locations go dark in 2017.
The latest news is part of the company’s continuing effort to right-size its retail fleet as more and more customers shop online.
“The stores identified for closure either require significant capital, are minimally cash flow positive today relative to the Company’s overall consolidated average or represent a real estate monetization opportunity,” the company noted in its fourth-quarter earnings report.
The new closures will include 18 full-line stores and 9 ancillary home and furniture stores. Three of the store closures were announced previously in January.
Whole Foods – Converting all Whole Foods 365 stores to flagship banner
The organic grocer will change all of its cheaper retail outlets that operated under the Whole Foods 365 nameplate into traditional Whole Foods stores by the end of the year, according to Yahoo! Finance.
While upwards of 20,000 Whole Foods 365 stores were planned, only a dozen have been built across the country. The smaller store format put an emphasis on store brands goods, much like an Aldi or Lidl — only more expensive.
Going forward there will only be a single Whole Foods presence in the retail space.
Payless – 2,100 stores closing, liquidations underway
Discount shoe chain Payless is closing all 2,100 of its US locations (including those in Puerto Rico) in the coming months, a spokesman told CNN Business on Friday.
Stores will begin liquidation Sunday, February 17, and some locations will begin closing in March, with most staying open until May.
Payless has more than 18,000 employees across 3,600 locations in 40 countries. The company previously closed around 400 stores in 2017 after declaring Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Performance Bicycle – 100+ stores closing
Performance Bicycle is expected to close its doors for good on March 2 now that its parent company, Philadelphia-based Advanced Sport Enterprises, has entered into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Liquidation sales are currently underway at all 104 locations, according to the retailer’s website.
As the #1 specialty bicycle retailer in the U.S., Performance Bicycle has attracted legions of weekend warriors across the country looking for bikes and gear to hit the trails and roadways since 1982.
Petland Discounts – 70+ stores closing
This regional pet store chain is reportedly shuttering all locations throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut after the company’s founder died in January.
At last count, Petland Discounts had more than 70 stores across the tri-state area. Though the company’s website is down, you can see a list of locations here.
H&M – Closing 160 stores
International apparel retailer H&M has announced it will pull the plug on 160 stores in the United States in 2019.
“[The U.S. is] probably the market that is going through the biggest change at the moment with too many shopping centers around…too many physical stores,” CEO Karl-Johan Persson told Wall Street analysts when announcing the anticipated closures.
Yet at the same time, Persson also says H&M is planning to open 335 stores worldwide this year. However, only less than a third will be in the company’s main markets of the U.S. and Europe.
Tuesday Morning – Two dozen stores may be shuttered
Tuesday Morning announced that it plans to close between 20 and 25 this year.
“Over the next 12 months approximately 25% of our store fleet comes up for renewal,” CEO Steven Becker revealed during a recent earnings call. “We will aggressively renegotiate our rents and we’ll close stores opportunistically should those negotiations not result in a reasonable outcome for Tuesday Morning.”
In addition, the home décor chain plans to relocate 12 to 15 stores, expand one location and open up to a dozen new shops in 2019.
Pat Catan’s – All stores closing, one-third to be re-opened as Michaels
Michaels, the crafts store retailer, has announced it’s going to shutter all 36 locations of Pat Catan’s Arts & Craft Stores because the sub-chain has “struggled in the face of industry headwinds,” according to a press release.
Fortunately, there is a bright side to this closure announcement. Twelve of the Pat Catan’s stores — located throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and West Virginia — will be rebranded and reopened as Michaels stores later this year.
Gymboree – Filing for bankruptcy — again
Gymboree Group Inc. (GGI) has filed for bankruptcy protection for the second time in less than two years.
As part of that process, the children’s clothing retailer will shutter 800+ stores across two brands.
The closures will hit 540 Gymboree stores and outlets in the United States and Canada and 265 stores under the ‘Crazy 8’ brand across the U.S., according to Reuters.
Janie and Jack — a third brand in the GGI family — operates 139 stores. They will be sold off in asset purchase deal.
Chico’s – Right-sizing its retail fleet
The Fort Myers, Fla.-based retailer says it’s going to close at least 250 stores over the next three years as part of a retail fleet optimization plan.
The closures will come across Chico’s three brands, which also include White House Black Market and Soma.
No word yet on exactly which stores will be shuttered. The closings are expected to trickle in throughout 2019 and then ramp up aggressively in 2020 and 2021.
At last count, Chico’s operated 1,431 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Sears and Kmart – Files for bankruptcy; Additional stores closing
The store closing list is growing for Sears Holdings as it works to survive bankruptcy. On December 28, 2018 the struggling retailer said 80 more stores will be closing in March of 2019:
“As part of Sears Holdings’ processes to accelerate its strategic transformation and facilitate its financial restructuring, on December 27, 2018, the company informed associates at 80 stores that we will be closing these Sears and Kmart stores in late March 2019. Liquidation sales at these stores are expected to begin in two weeks. The accompanying Sears Auto Center at these Sears stores will also be closing. This is in addition to the previously announced closure of 40 unprofitable stores expected to be completed in February 2019.”
On November 8, the company announced that 40 Sears and Kmart stores will be closing in February 2019. The accompanying Sears Auto Center locations are also shutting down.
Sears Holdings filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October and announced it would close 142 unprofitable stores by the end of 2018.
The company hopes to reorganize around a smaller platform of profitable stores. Sears and Kmart, along with their websites, will remain open during the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
Closing Kmart and Sears locations (Announced December 28)
- Kmart 7055 East Broadway Tucson AZ
- Kmart 2180 E Mariposa Rd Stockton CA
- Kmart 20777 Bear Valley Rd Apple Valley CA
- Kmart 1000 San Fernando Rd Burbank CA
- Kmart 2875 Santa Maria Way Santa Maria CA
- Kmart 2505 Bell Rd Auburn CA
- Kmart 295 Hartford Turnpike Vernon CT
- Kmart 200 Irwin Ne Fort Walton Beach FL
- Kmart 6126 Hwy 301 Ellenton FL
- Kmart 11 Sherwood Square Peru IN
- Kmart 2940 Veterans Blvd Metairie LA
- Kmart 8980 Waltham Woods Rd Baltimore MD
- Kmart 201 Ninth St S E Rochester MN
- Kmart 155 Twin City Mall Crystal City MO
- Kmart 12057 Highway 49 Delmar Plaza Gulfport MS
- Kmart 980 Brevard Rd Asheville NC
- Kmart 110 112 Bost Rd Morganton NC
- Kmart 4841 Arendell St Morehead City NC
- Kmart 1900 S Washington St Grand Forks ND
- Kmart 1515 W 3Rd Alliance NE
- Kmart 213 Highway 37 E Toms River NJ
- Kmart 1705 S Main St Roswell NM
- Kmart 308 Dix Avenue Queensbury NY
- Kmart 1020 Center Street Grand Central Plaza Horseheads NY
- Kmart 121 Bolivar Road Wellsville NY
- Kmart 1251 State Rte 29 Ste 1O Greenwich Plaza Greenwich NY
- Kmart 7701 Broadview Road Cleveland OH
- Kmart 620 Plaza Dr Fostoria OH
- Kmart 400 N East Circle Blvd Corvallis OR
- Kmart 996 West View Park Drive Pittsburgh PA
- Kmart 2873 W 26Th Street Erie PA
- Kmart 1143 Broad St Sumter SC
- Kmart 1111 E North St Rapid City SD
- Kmart 1805 E Stone Dr Kingsport TN
- Kmart 217 Forks Of River Pkwy Sevierville TN
- Kmart 4110 E Sprague Ave Spokane WA
- Kmart 1450 Summit Avenue Oconomowoc WI
- Sears 2050 Southgate Rd Colorado Spgs CO
- Sears 1650 Briargate Blvd Colorado Spgs CO
- Sears 3201 Dillon Dr Pueblo CO
- Sears 1700 W Intl Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach FL
- Sears 1500 Apalachee Pkwy Tallahassee FL
- Sears 347 Westshore Plz Tampa FL
- Sears 1441 Tamiami Trl Pt Charlotte FL
- Sears 9409 Us Highway 19 N Ste 101 Port Richey FL
- Sears 150 Pearl Nix Pkwy Gainesville GA
- Sears 4480 Sergeant Rd Sioux City IA
- Sears 235 Saint Clair Sq Fairview Hts IL
- Sears 7200 Harrison Ave Cherry Valley IL
- Sears 7700 E Kellogg Dr Wichita KS
- Sears 4400 Veterans Mem Blvd Metairie LA
- Sears 2306 N Salisbury Blvd Salisbury MD
- Sears 5500 Harvey St Muskegon MI
- Sears 27600 Novi Rd Novi MI
- Sears 2000 N E Court Bloomington MN
- Sears 1620 Guess Rd Durham NC
- Sears The Streets Of Southpoint Durham NC
- Sears 7424 Dodge St Omaha NE
- Sears 6400 O St Lincoln NE
- Sears 3450 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas NV
- Sears 10 Miracle Mile Dr Rochester NY
- Sears 5053 Tuttle Crossing Blvd Columbus OH
- Sears 1400 Polaris Pkwy Columbus OH
- Sears 1475 Upper Valley Pike Springfield OH
- Sears 501 Medford Ctr Medford OR
- Sears 200 Park City Ctr Lancaster PA
- Sears 5256 Route 30 Greensburg PA
- Sears 5580 Goods Lane Ste 1005 Altoona PA
- Sears 1000 Rivergate Pkwy Goodlettsvlle TN
- Sears 2021 N Highland Ave Jackson TN
- Sears 201 S Plano Rd Richardson TX
- Sears 4310 Buffalo Gap Rd Abilene TX
- Sears 851 N Central Expwy Plano TX
- Sears 6001 W Waco Dr Waco TX
- Sears 7701 1-40 W Ste 400 Amarillo TX
- Sears 2100 S W S Young Dr Killeen TX
- Sears 3100 Highway 365 Port Arthur TX
- Sears 1531 Rio Rd E Charlottesville VA
- Sears 1321 N Columbia Center Blvd Suite 455 Kennewick WA
- Sears 4301 W Wisconsin Ave Appleton WI
Closing Kmart and Sears locations (Announced November 8)
- Kmart 26471 Ynez Road Temecula CA
- Kmart 3443 W Addison Chicago IL
- Kmart 3250 Clear Lake Road Springfield IL
- Kmart 18 Elm Plaza Waterville ME
- Kmart 805 New York Ave Huntington NY
- Kmart 7101 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA
- Kmart 1901 Lincoln Hwy North Versailles PA
- Kmart Castro Perez Ave (Pr 122) San German Puerto Rico
- Kmart 100 Ave. San Patricio Guaynabo / San Juan Puerto Rico
- Kmart Betamces 400, Las Catalinas Mall Caguas Puerto Rico
- Kmart 6077 S Packard Avenue Cudahy WI
- Sears Airport Way Fairbanks AK
- Sears 4604 E Cactus Road Phoenix AZ
- Sears La Cumbre Plz Santa Barbara CA
- Sears 470 Lewis Ave Meriden CT
- Sears 801 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach FL
- Sears 3342 Nw Federal Hwy Us#1 Jensen Beach FL
- Sears 2300 E 17Th St Idaho Falls ID
- Sears Marquette Mall Michigan City IN
- Sears 7103 Democracy Blvd. Bethesda MD
- Sears 5575 B Drive N Battle Creek MI
- Sears 1740 Bonita Lakes Circle Meridian MS
- Sears 1001 Barnes Crossing Road Tupelo MS
- Sears 3320 Silas Creek Pkwy Winston Salem NC
- Sears 3404 W 13Th St Grand Island NE
- Sears 4355 Grand Canyon Dr Las Vegas NV
- Sears 3065 Route 50 Saratoga Spgs NY
- Sears 21182 Salmon Run Mall Watertown NY
- Sears 987 E Ash St Piqua OH
- Sears 1665 State Hill Road Reading / Wyomissing PA
- Sears 344 Stroud Mall Stroudsburg PA
- Sears 2197 Dave Lyle Blvd Rock Hill SC
- Sears Southland Mall Memphis TN
- Sears 401 Northgate Mall Chattanooga TN
- Sears 198 Foothills Mall Maryville TN
- Sears 1720 Old Fort Pkwy Murfreesboro TN
- Sears 750 Sunland Park Dr El Paso TX
- Sears Longview Texas Mall Longview TX
- Sears 10101 Brook Road Glen Allen / Richmond VA
- Sears 2500 Milton Ave Janesville WI
Closing Kmart locations (Announced October 15)
- Kmart 2821 East Main Street Russellville AR
- Kmart 912 County Line Road Delano CA
- Kmart 215 W Hanford/Armona Road Lemoore CA
- Kmart 1351 E Hatch Road Modesto CA
- Kmart 2530 S Euclid Avenue Ontario CA
- Kmart 3968-A Missouri Flat Road Placerville CA
- Kmart 375 E Alessandro Blvd Riverside CA
- Kmart 3247 W Noble Avenue Visalia CA
- Kmart 900 N W 76 Boulevard Gainesville FL
- Kmart 12350 Sw 8Th Street Miami FL
- Kmart 6239 Turner Lake Road Covington GA
- Kmart 400 Crosstown Road Peachtree City GA
- Kmart 1111 N 2Nd Street Cherokee IA
- Kmart 2803 E Kanesville Blvd Council Bluffs IA
- Kmart 2307 Superior Street Webster City IA
- Kmart 5000 23Rd Avenue Moline IL
- Kmart 4210 N Harlem Avenue Norridge IL
- Kmart 3701 Broadway Street Quincy IL
- Kmart 430 W Ridge Road Griffith IN
- Kmart 6780 W Washington Street Indianapolis IN
- Kmart 723 3Rd Avenue Jasper IN
- Kmart 7836 State Avenue Kansas City KS
- Kmart 400 South Broadway Salina KS
- Kmart 600 C W Stevens Blvd Grayson KY
- Kmart Northridge S/C Us Hwy 127 Russell Springs KY
- Kmart 7000 Veterans Memorial Metairie LA
- Kmart 6163 Oxon Hill Road Oxon Hill MD
- Kmart 835 Solomons Island Rd N Prince Frederick MD
- Kmart 417 Main Street Madawaska ME
- Kmart 06600 M-66 North Charlevoix MI
- Kmart 1025 M-24 Lake Orion MI
- Kmart 1 Flower Valley Shopping Center Florissant MO
- Kmart 7100 Nw Prairie View Road Kansas City MO
- Kmart 2901-5 N Belt Hwy St. Joseph MO
- Kmart 1001 Patton Avenue Asheville NC
- Kmart 4500 Western Blvd Raleigh NC
- Kmart 1530 East Broad Street Statesville NC
- Kmart 779 Delsea Drive N Glassboro NJ
- Kmart 8363 Lewiston Road Batavia NY
- Kmart 987 Route 6 Mahopac NY
- Kmart 2590 Military Road Niagara Falls NY
- Kmart 93 West Campbell Road Schenectady NY
- Kmart 349 Orchard Park Road West Seneca NY
- Kmart 15891 State Rt 170 East Liverpool OH
- Kmart 17840 Bagley Road Middleburg Heights OH
- Kmart 3955 S W Murray Blvd Beaverton OR
- Kmart 1502 South Fourth Street Allentown PA
- Kmart 528 W Plank Road Altoona PA
- Kmart 1180 Walnut Bottom Road Carlisle PA
- Kmart 1170 Mae Street Hummelstown PA
- Kmart 111 Hulst Drive Matamoras PA
- Kmart 100 Tarentum Road New Kensington PA
- Kmart 1000 Nutt Road Phoenixville PA
- Kmart 880 Butler Street Pittsburgh PA
- Kmart 720 Clairton Blvd/Rte 51 Pleasant Hills PA
- Kmart 3205 Lincoln Hwy Thorndale PA
- Kmart 129 West Butler Avenue Mauldin SC
- Kmart 2302 Cherry Road Rock Hill SC
- Kmart 6909 Maynardville Pike Ne Knoxville TN
- Kmart 6364 Springfield Plaza Springfield VA
- Kmart 2712 W Main Street Waynesboro VA
- Kmart 118 Waller Mill Road Williamsburg VA
- Kmart 1001 E Sunset Drive Bellingham WA
- Kmart 1701 4Th Avenue W Charleston WV
- Kmart 4000 East 2Nd Street Casper WY
Closing Sears locations (Announced October 15)
- Sears 1001 Rainbow Drive Gadsden AL
- Sears 3177 Chandler Village Drive Chandler AZ
- Sears 6515 E Southern Avenue Mesa/East AZ
- Sears 7611 W Thomas Road Phoenix-Desert Sky AZ
- Sears 2250 El Mercado Loop Sierra Vista AZ
- Sears 3150 S 4Th Avenue Yuma AZ
- Sears 3001 Ming Avenue Bakersfield CA
- Sears 100 Los Cerritos Mall Cerritos CA
- Sears 3333 Bristol Street Costa Mesa CA
- Sears 3751 S Dogwood Avenue El Centro CA
- Sears 5901 Florin Road Florin CA
- Sears 1011 W Olive Avenue Merced CA
- Sears 100 Vintage Faire Mall Modesto CA
- Sears 1401 N Montebello Blvd Montebello CA
- Sears 1700 Stoneridge Drive Pleasanton CA
- Sears 100 Santa Rosa Plaza Santa Rosa CA
- Sears 7001 S University Blvd Centennial CO
- Sears 10785 W Colfax Avenue Lakewood CO
- Sears 1201 Boston Post Road Milford CT
- Sears 850 Hartford Tnpk Waterford CT
- Sears 303 Us Hwy 301 Blvd W Bradenton FL
- Sears 3800 Us Highway 98 N Lakeland FL
- Sears 1050 S Babcock Street Melbourne FL
- Sears 300 Mary Esther Blvd Mry Est/Ft Wltn Bch FL
- Sears 3100 Sw College Road Ocala FL
- Sears 733 N Highway 231 Panama City FL
- Sears 460 N Milwaukee Street Boise ID
- Sears 3340 Mall Loop Drive Joliet IL
- Sears 1251 Us Highway 31 N Greenwood IN
- Sears 3401 S Us Highway 41 Terre Haute IN
- Sears 2625 Scottsville Rd Bowling Green KY
- Sears 4807 Outer Loop Louisville-Okolona KY
- Sears 1235 Worcester Road Natick MA
- Sears 15700 Emerald Way Bowie MD
- Sears 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy Columbia MD
- Sears 400 N Center Street Westminster MD
- Sears 900 Briarwood Circle Ann Arbor MI
- Sears 2100 Southfield Road Lincoln Park MI
- Sears 12431 Wayzata Blvd Minnetonka MN
- Sears 425 Rice Street St Paul MN
- Sears 400 Cross Creek Mall Fayetteville NC
- Sears 703 N Berkeley Blvd Goldsboro NC
- Sears 11033 Carolina Place Pkwy Pineville NC
- Sears 50 Fox Run Road Portsmouth NH
- Sears 1750 Deptford Cener Road Deptford NJ
- Sears 1500 Highway 35 Middletown NJ
- Sears 6600 Menaul Blvd Ne Coronado NM
- Sears 1245 W Warm Springs Road Henderson NV
- Sears 1111 Franklin Avenue Garden City NY
- Sears Rt 394 & Hunt Blvd Lakewood NY
- Sears 75 W Route 59 Nanuet NY
- Sears 600 Lee Blvd Yorktown Hts NY
- Sears 5320 Youngstown Road Niles OH
- Sears 3201 W Main Street Norman OK
- Sears 6929 S Memorial Drive Tulsa Woodland Hls OK
- Sears 827 Lancaster Drive Ne Salem (Lancaster) OR
- Sears 9800 Sw Washington Square Road Washington Sq OR
- Sears 100 Neshaminy Mall Bensalem/Crnwls Hts PA
- Sears 5522 Shaffer Rd Ste 129 Dubois PA
- Sears 2300 E Lincoln Hwy Langhrn/Oxford Vly PA
- Sears 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd Chattanooga TN
- Sears 2801 Wilma Rudolph Blvd Clarksville TN
- Sears 2800 N Germantown Prkway Cordova TN
- Sears 7600H Kingston Pike West Town TN
- Sears 1000 E 41 Street Austin TX
- Sears 2901 S Capitol Of Texas Hwy Austin/Barton Creek TX
- Sears 2605 Preston Road Frisco TX
- Sears 2002 S Expy 83 Harlingen TX
- Sears 6301 Nw Loop 410 San Antonio TX
- Sears 2501 Irving Mall Irving TX
- Sears 6002 Slide Road Lubbock TX
- Sears 3450 W Camp Wisdom Road Southwest Ctr TX
- Sears 7508 N Navarro Street Victoria TX
- Sears 100 Newmarket Fair Mall Hampton VA
- Sears 3500 S Meridian Puyallup WA
- Sears 9520 Mall Road Westover/Morgantown WV
- Sears 701 Se Wyoming Blvd Casper WV
Clark’s key takeaway
If you happen to receive a gift card for any of the retailers on this list, money expert Clark Howard wants you to spend it right away in case your local store is on the chopping block.
“If you have any gift cards for major retailers, I want you to go and shop. I want you to use them up,” Clark said.