Nearly a dozen Macy’s department stores will soon be closing their doors forever.
In a news release, the company announced the closure of 11 Macy’s stores. It’s part of the retailer’s plan to close approximately 100 stores, which was announced back in August 2016.
Macy’s intends to shut down an additional 19 stores as leases or operating covenants expire or sale transactions are completed.
RELATED: Is Amazon Prime worth it for you? Take this quiz to find out!
Macy’s is closing these 11 stores in early 2018
The following Macy’s stores will be closing in early 2018. In most cases, clearance sales will begin on January 8, 2018, and run for approximately 8 to 12 weeks.
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills, CA
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- Novato (Furniture), Novato, CA
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, CA
- The Oaks, Gainesville, FL
- Miami (Downtown), Miami, FL
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls, ID
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute, IN
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township, MI
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati, OH
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington, VT
Macy’s said it had a “solid” holiday shopping season, with comparable sales up slightly in November and December.
The company is in the middle of a multi-year effort to ensure the optimal mix of brick and mortar stores and digital footprint. Macy’s has closed a total of 124 stores since 2015.
RELATED: These major retailers are closing 1,000 stores in 2018
Clark’s bottom line
With so many retailers closing their doors, money expert Clark Howard recommends that you avoid buying gift cards unless they’re sold at a discount — and use the ones you already have ASAP!
RELATED: The one and only exception to Clark Howard’s ”˜no gift card’ rule
To find the best deals at Macy’s and other retailers, visit ClarkDeals.com!