J.C. Penney has released a 72-page Black Friday ad for 2017 that’s filled with deals on appliances, clothing, housewares and so much more!
But if the new ad looks a little stale to you, that’s because it is.
J.C. Penney’s Black Friday ad for 2017 features repeat deals
Team Clark scanned through the ad and discovered that many of the deals J.C. Penney is featuring this year were also in the ad for Black Friday 2016.
Here are three things to know about J.C. Penney’s Black Friday ad:
1. Same deals, different prices: As we mentioned, there are repeat deals throughout the ad, most with minor or no change in price from 2016.
2. Shop Thanksgiving Day: J.C. Penney’s Black Friday sale will start on Thanksgiving Day, but store hours haven’t been announced quite yet. Doors opened at 3 p.m. last year.
3. $500 coupon giveaway returns for 2017: First in line? Early Thanksgiving shoppers will once again have a chance to get instant savings of $10 off $10, $100 off $100 or $500 off $500.
J.C. Penney isn’t the only retailer to resurface old Black Friday deals. BestBlackFriday.com reported last year that 24 out of the 25 stores it analyzed repeated at least one deal from the year before.
Even more surprising, 13 of those 25 stores raised prices on at least one repeat item.
How J.C. Penney’s 2017 Black Friday ad compares to 2016
If any of the repeats that you see in a Black Friday ad were a good deal last year, they may very well be a bargain this year — as long as the merchandise is priced similarly.
Towels, boots and a refrigerator all make a return appearance in J.C. Penney’s ad:
Samsung 26 Cu. Ft. 3-Door French-Door Refrigerator, RF260BEAESR/ AA
- Black Friday 2016 price: $994
- Black Friday 2017 price: $995
Boots For Her
- Black Friday 2016 price: $19.99
- Black Friday 2017 price: $19.99
Home Expressions 100% Cotton Ombre Stripe Bath Towel, Solid Bath Towel, 2-Pk. Hand Towels or 4-Pk. Washcloths
- Black Friday 2016 price: $2.99
- Black Friday 2017 price: $2.99
Be careful with mail-in rebate offers!
J.C. Penney’s ad also features identical or similar mail-in rebate offers to what was available last year, but you need to commit to sending them in to get the lowest price.
For example, the sale price for these kitchen gadgets is $19.99, but they’re only $7.99 each after a $12 mail-in rebate.
Black Friday isn’t the only day to find great deals!
If you don’t want to brave the crowds on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, money expert Clark Howard says you’re in luck. He predicts great holiday deals through December 10.