Applebee’s is hoping that a new limited-time menu will help the struggling casual restaurant chain reverse a sales slump.
In May, the company reported a 7.9% drop in comparable same-restaurant sales for first quarter of 2017. Applebee’s new president John Cywinski said he was working on a plan to increase sales and foot traffic.
At the time, Cywinski acknowledged that some of Applebee’s struggles were self-inflicted.
Applebee’s introduces Topped & Loaded menu
Now, Applebee’s has unveiled the Topped & Loaded menu. Starting at $10.99, the customizable lineup features four protein choices, three toppers and four side options.
Customers build their meal by following these three steps:
1. Pick a protein base
- Chicken breast
- Bone-in pork chop
- 6-ounce USDA Choice top sirloin
- 8-ounce USDA Choice top sirloin
2. Pick a topper
- Marinara Mozzarella Stick Topper, consisting of crispy mozzarella sticks, classic marinara sauce and parmesan cream sauce
- Bacon Beer Cheese Topper, made of beer cheese, bacon, crispy onions and fresh green onions
- Cajun Shrimp Topper, including blackened shrimp, sauteed onions and savory lemon butter
3. Pick two sides
- Garlicky green beans with bacon
- Steamed broccoli
- Classic fries
- Garlic mashed potatoes