The perks of an Amazon Prime membership just got a bit more appetizing.
Here are some key things to know about the partnership, which pairs Amazon with Grubhub+.
1. What Is Included in the Amazon Grubhub+ Perk?
Prime members who opt in will get a free one-year subscription to Grubhub+, the food delivery service’s monthly membership program. That’s a deal valued at $9.99 per month or about $120 a year.
With Grubhub+, you get unlimited free delivery on orders of $12 or more at participating restaurants.
2. When Can You Order Grubhub Through Amazon Prime?
Now: As of July 6, 2022, when Amazon announced the news, Grubhub started processing orders from Prime members.
As a Prime member, I was able to sign in to my Grubhub account, link it to Amazon and test out the service immediately by ordering some food.
3. How Can Prime Members Activate Grubhub+ Subscriptions?
To start using your Amazon Prime Grubhub+ subscription, go to amazon.com/grubhub:
- Sign up for Prime or sign in to your Amazon account.
- Click on Activate free Grubhub+.
- Sign up or sign in to your Grubhub account.
- Give Grubhub access to your Prime account.
- Click Order Now to access restaurants near you.
If you activate your Grubhub+ membership for Prime, you should know that after the year is over, you’ll be charged a recurring fee of $9.99 per month unless you cancel the food delivery subscription. If you decide you’ll no longer want the service after the free year, you can do what I do: Add a reminder to your phone’s calendar to tell you to cancel the subscription right before the fee kicks in.
With Grubhub+, Amazon is giving Prime subscribers another food option tied in addition to Whole Foods deals and Amazon Fresh. The Grubhub news also helps build momentum for Amazon Prime Day, but is all this enough to make it worth it for you to sign up for Prime? Take this quiz to find out.