Look for immediate American Apparel closures in these cities
American Apparel ruled the ’90s with its hip and edgy take on basics like T-shirts, hoodies and denim. But the ‘Made in the USA’ manufacturer couldn’t emerge from a February bankruptcy filing.
Now a judge has cleared the way for the beleaguered retailer to start the GOB sales.
- Atlanta – exact location to be announced
- Tribeca – 140 W. Broadway (between Duane & Thomas St.)
- Georgetown – 3025 M St. N.W., Washington, DC
- Seattle – exact location to be announced
- Dallas – Mockingbird Station Center
- Memphis – 528 S. Main St.
- Santa Cruz, Calif. –1531 Pacific Ave.
- Evanston, Ill. – 950 Church St.
- Burlington, Vt. – 145 Cherry St.
Unfortunately, this just the tip of the iceberg for American Apparel’s woes. After those stores close, next up is a January 12 auction of its remaining 110 U.S. stores. Any that aren’t sold at the time will be closed as well.
In addition, American Apparel has moved to put 13 of its outlets in the United Kingdom into the equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Of course, the flip side of all this is that store closures mean deals for you!
Read more: Kroger warns shoppers of fake $60 off coupon