Coconut oil is one of my favorite products. I used to have it regularly shipped to my door from Amazon.com, but since Costco started carrying it I’ve been stocking up there when I head into the store once a month.
One of the reasons that I love coconut oil is that it is so versatile. It has so many health benefits as well, so it makes it a no-brainer that I would use it for multiple things, right? Here are 5 different uses I’ve found for coconut oil.
1. Cooking. Yep, just straight-up cooking with coconut oil makes for some yummy, healthful treats. I use it as the oil in stir-fry, in my baked goods, and I even drizzle it onto my popcorn instead of butter. Any recipe that calls for butter or oil usually ends up getting a coconut oil substitute in my household.
2. Moisturizer. Coconut oil makes for an amazing moisturizer and it smells positively scrumptious. But not only does coconut oil make for a good body moisturizer, it’s also good for conditioning the hair. I’ll use a tiny bit as a leave-in conditioner for my hair, or use a heavier amount for an overnight deep-conditioning treatment. My hair has never been so soft!
Plus, if you’re pregnant, coconut oil is great at helping to prevent or reduce stretch marks! And once that baby is born, coconut oil makes for an excellent diaper rash cream.
3. Toothpaste. Mix ½ a cup of coconut oil with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of tea tree oil for an excellent toothpaste that not only cleans teeth but actually promotes healthy gums!
4. Deodorant. Coconut oil itself can work and be used as a natural deodorant. It’s especially nice if combined with a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Lavender is definitely my favorite!
5. Coffee creamer. Coconut oil makes for an excellent coffee creamer. Use it like you would use your regular creamer and see if you like it!
These are just a few of the amazing uses of coconut oil. Having so many uses for one product means that you’re saving money and using a healthier item in your home. For the best prices, I definitely recommend purchasing your coconut oil on Amazon.com or at your local Costco.
Do you have any great uses for coconut oil that you recommend?