The new year is going to bring higher prices on certain items. According to CNNMoney, there are 10 categories of consumer purchases that we’ll be paying more for in 2014:
- Nuts – Buy these at Aldi
- First class postage stamps – Read why I think stamps are still a good deal.
- Home prices – Watch this video to get my scoop on real estate in 2014.
- Apartments for rent – I have strategies to help you land a better deal on rent.
- Honey – Buy this one at Aldi.
- Chocolate – This one too!
- Satellite TV – Thankfully, more alternatives to cable and satellite are coming.
- Public transporation – Bus rapid transit (BRT) still does it best in my opinion.
- Health care – See my Obamacare/Affordable Health Care Act Guide — it’s your guide to the new law without the politics.
- Taxes – I have long been an outspoken critic of our nation’s broken tax code.
For further reading: