Once upon a time, people were considered adults and on their own by age 18. Today, that’s not the norm. Parents often keep “emerging adults” on their cell phone & streaming plans, health & auto insurance and subscriptions – due in part to family plan tie-ins. Thoughts on when and how to cut the cord. Also, what you should know about health apps and medical searches, and your most personal privacy.
- The Parental Dole: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Health Apps & Sites And Your Privacy: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- 7 ways to make your kids money-savvy for the future
- [The Washington Post] Health apps share your concerns with advertisers. HIPAA can’t stop it.
- DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified.
- Brave Browser: Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser
- How Many Bank Accounts Should You Have? – Clark Howard
- The Best Places To Buy Tires
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices