Retailers are using more and more psychological tactics to get you to buy. Know the tricks of the trade to not get played – and avoid impulsive spending. Also, why Clark considers “annuity” profanity, but he’d rather have to say it, than to see you pay it. They’re being sold like crazy, disguised by fancy names. Know them when you see them – and the 2 annuity type exceptions.
- Retail Mind Tricks: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Annuity Warning!: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show
- How shopping sites are using psychology to trick you into spending more — and 3 ways to avoid them
- How To Plan a Trip: Clark’s Best Travel Tips To Save Money
- Clark.com: How To Buy Term Life Insurance in 7 Easy Steps
- Inside Wall Street’s gloom-and-doom racket
- What Is an Annuity, and Why Does Clark Think They Stink?
- Immediate Payout Annuity: What Is It and Do You Need It?
- Longevity Insurance: What Is It and Do You Need It?
- Why You Need To Know Your Company 401(k) Fees
- How Much Should Your 401(k) Account Cost You All-In?
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices