One major key to financial freedom is avoiding ruinous fraud. Recent reporting shows ponzi schemes up 70% over the year, so it’s vital to be aware of what’s coming at you through various channels. Clark’s primer on what to look out for includes incoming alerts and what NEVER to click on. Also, hotel brand consistency has given way to sales considerations in the industry overall, devaluing brands. Know what this means for you when booking a hotel.
- Fraud Prevention: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- What’s In A Hotel Name? Nothing: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show
- Barrons.com: Ponzi Schemes Surged in 2022. Many Involved Crypto.
- WPO – Friend or fraud: Seven ways to spot a Ponzi scheme, and other scams
- NYTimes: Retirees Are Losing Their Life Savings to Romance Scams. Here’s What to Know.
- ArsTechnica-Mysterious leak of Booking.com reservation data is being used to scam customers
- Worried about crypto exchange losses? Don’t pay money for “help” recovering money
- 5 Steps To Getting a Good Deal on a Hotel Room
- Scott’s Cheap Flights | Save Up to 90% on Flights
- [The Washington Post] Expensive flights are here to stay, but there’s good news
- Top Travel Deals – Clark Howard
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices