When Macy’s launched its new and improved Star Rewards loyalty program late last year, only customers with the retailer’s credit card could take advantage of all the great perks.
Now, Macy’s has announced big changes to the program and is opening it up to all shoppers.
Macy’s is making changes to its Star Rewards program: Here’s what you need to know
Customers who don’t have a Macy’s credit card can now sign up for the new bronze level of Star Rewards for free. Here are the three perks that they’re eligible to receive:
1. Star Money Days: Shoppers can earn bonus points toward Star Money that can be used with no merchandise exclusions; 1,000 points = $10 Star Money reward
2. Perks & Offers: From time to time, extra savings and offers at checkout will be offered
3. Birthday Surprises: Shoppers will receive a birthday surprise during their birthday month, but a purchase may be required and you may need to visit a store to claim it
The benefits we just outlined are now available to all customers, regardless of how they pay for their purchases. But Star Rewards has additional perks for those with a Macy’s credit card:
- Silver: Customers who spend up to $499 annually at Macy’s with their Macy’s credit card will receive 25% off any day they choose with Star Pass coupons
- Gold: With $500 to $1,199 annual spend at Macy’s on a Macy’s credit card, customers will receive 25% any day they choose with Star Pass coupons and free shipping on all Macy’s purchases when they use a Macy’s credit card
- Platinum: With $1,200 or more annual spend at Macy’s on a Macy’s credit card, customers will receive 25% off any day they choose with Star Pass coupons, free shipping on all Macy’s purchases, and 5% back in rewards on every Macy’s merchandise purchase in-store and online with no merchandise exclusions when they use a Macy’s credit card
You can sign up for the new Star Rewards program at your local Macy’s or online at Macys.com/StarRewards.