Ready to make a career change? This summer is a great time to get your resume together and start applying for new jobs.
Experts at the job search website Glassdoor say the 2018 job market is the strongest it has been in a generation — with a low unemployment rate of 4% in June.
GM, Instacart, Charles Schwab and Wendy’s are hiring right now!
Companies in the technology, cable, food service, auto and other leading industries are ready to hire workers with the right skills. They’re offering competitive salaries, cool benefits and flexible schedules to recruit top talent.
Here are 10 of the companies that Glassdoor says are hiring like crazy in July:
- Open positions: Senior Software Engineer, Senior IT Project Manager, Senior Cybersecurity Analyst, Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Senior Cloud Software Developer, Senior Test Engineer & more
- Locations: Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Plano, TX; West Valley, UT & more
- Open positions: Advertising Account Executive, Advanced Advertising Specialist, Account Planner, Research Analyst, Field Marketing Specialist, Digital Sales Manager, Field Technician, Customer Service Representative & more
- Locations: Saint Louis, MO; New York, NY; Tampa, FL; El Segundo, CA; Portland, ME; Charlotte, NC; Louisville, KY; Austin, TX & more
- Open positions: Senior Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Vehicle Cybersecurity Secure Programming Engineer, Sr. Telematics Systems Development and Integration Engineer, Advanced Software Tester, Driveline Controls Design Release Engineer, Autonomous Driving Sr. LiDAR Laser Design Engineer & more
- Locations: Warren, MI; San Francisco, CA; Arlington, TX; Detroit, MI; North Hollywood, CA & more
- Open positions: Sr. Project Manager-Scrum Master, Software QA Analyst, QA Engineer, Lead Unix Systems and Cloud Engineer, Application Penetration Test Engineer Expert, Senior Data Scientist, Cyber Threat Hunter & more
- Locations: Austin, TX; Schaumburg, IL; Costa Mesa, CA; Boston, MA; Franklin, TN; Allen, TX & more
- Open positions: Crew Member, General Manager, Field HR Generalist, Restaurant Manager, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, District Manager, Shift Supervisor & more
- Locations: Bridgewater, NJ; Northville, MI; New York, NY; Bloomsburg, PA; Bryan, OH; Lanham, MD; Houston, TX; Tampa, FL & more
- Open positions: Android Engineer, Senior Software Engineer of Infrastructure, Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Principal iOS Engineer, Senior Machine Learning Engineer in Growth, Senior Software Engineer (Back End), Recruiting Coordinator, Operations Strategy Analyst, Area Manager & more
- Locations: San Francisco, CA; Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX & more
- Open positions: Part-Time Janitor, Full-Time Cleaner, Full-Time Floater, Part-Time Stadium Cleaner, SeÃ±or Payroll Specialist, Weekend Stadium Supervisors, Front Desk Coordinator, Finance Manager & more
- Locations: Saint Paul, MN; Portland, OR; Lincoln, NE; Eden Prairie, MN; Spirit Lake, IA & more
- Open positions: Flex Security Officer, Part-Time Security Officer, General Manager, Unarmed Special Police Officer, Operations Manager & more
- Locations: Glen Ellyn, IL; Maitland, FL; Washington, DC; Wheaton, IL; Denver, CO; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Indianapolis, IN & more
- Open positions: Operations Associate, Participant Services Associate, Sr. Software Developer, Specialist of Client Service, Managing Director of Change Leadership, QA Automation Software Engineer, Software QA Engineer & more
- Locations: Austin, TX; Lone Tree, CO; Chicago, IL; Orlando, FL & more
- Open positions: Customer Success Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Junior Customer Success Manager, Account Executive, DevOps Manager, Junior Product Manager, HR Recruiter & more
- Locations: Remote
See the full list of companies hiring like crazy this month at Glassdoor.com.
Give your resume a makeover
To advance to the interview stage, you need to have a resume that hiring managers will notice! If you haven’t updated your resume in the past year, dust it off and update it so that you’re ready when the perfect job opportunity comes along.
Does your resume look anything like the one on the left? Follow Team Clark’s step-by-step guide to resume success in 2018!
More Clark.com job search resources:
- Job alert: 50 best places to work in 2018
- 25 ways to make your LinkedIn profile stand out in 2018
- Top 10 jobs for 2018 that don’t require a college degree