The calendar hasn’t turned to October yet, but the time is now to start planning for this holiday shipping season, especially if you’re sending anything to the members of the military serving overseas.
The USPS and the military mail rooms have come out with a guide to getting those Christmas and other holiday gifts to service members in time for the big day, Military Times reported.
These deadlines are for mail handled by the USPS:
- USPS Retail Ground Mail (or Standard Post): Nov. 6
- Space Available Mail (SAM): Nov. 27
- Parcel Airlift Mail (PAL): Dec. 4
- First Class and Priority Mail (letters, cards and packages): Dec. 11
- One exception is contingency ZIP 093: Dec 4.
- Priority Mail Express Military Service: Dec 16 (not available for ZIP 093)
- Domestic Mail (not APO/FPO) to sailors on ships and bases in the U.S.:
- First Class Dec. 19
- Priority Mail, Dec. 20
- Priority Express Mail: Dec. 22
If the items are needed by the start of Hanukkah on Dec. 12, then make each deadline 13 days earlier.