If you’re looking for a delivery job that doesn’t involve pizza, Panera Bread is hiring!
The restaurant chain is hiring 10,000 employees this year to help the company expand delivery service to 35% to 40% of its locations nationwide.
Panera is adding 10,000 delivery jobs in 2017
According to a news release, the delivery service provides lunch and dinner to offices, hospitals, campuses and homes within an eight-minute drive of a Panera location. Delivery is usually between the hours of 11 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
“Panera is doing for delivery what we did for quick service ‘ creating an elevated guest experience end-to-end,” said Ron Shaich, Panera founder, chairman and CEO. “In many places across the country, all that’s available for delivery is pizza or Chinese food. We’re closing the gap in delivery alternatives and creating a way for people to have more options for real food delivered to their homes and workplaces.”
During a recent investor call, company executives said the biggest hurdle in the delivery business is hiring drivers, but Panera Bread believes it has an advantage over the competition for these reasons:
- Better shifts, because most deliveries are during the day
- Cashless delivery process is safer for drivers
- Deliveries to offices result in higher tips for drivers
Panera’s drivers are cafe associates, which the company says provides a better guest experience.
Here are the job requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s record
- Proof of insurance
- Excellent customer service skills ‘ polite, courteous and respectful
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule with early start times
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Minimum age ‘ 18 years of age
- Must be positive, friendly, and passionate about making our guests happy
- Must be energetic, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Must understand and practice basic food safety
To see if there are openings at Panera Bread where you live, go to jobs.panerabread.com.