Looking for a breakthrough product for small business or home security cameras? A new product from Netgear could be the solution.
Read more: 3 ways to cut your winter energy bill
Arlo needs no electrical hookup!
The Arlo is a wireless camera system for indoor or outdoor use. You get significant free storage of the video on a freemium business model. If you want more storage, you can open up the wallet for it.
I bought an Arlo system at Sam’s Club to test. It is a true self-install system. Mine came with 3 cameras, base stations and mounting brackets.
But here’s the real breakthrough: The Arlo requires no electrical hookup. It uses lithium batteries instead, just like electric cars do. That makes installation a breeze, not to mention re-installation…if you want to move the cameras around on a whim!
The quality of the video is fantastic. You get a password-protected login to track the cameras on your phone. If the camera senses a problem, it sends you a message and you can dial into the cameras on your phone. Then you can watch the footage or even rewind it from your phone to watch.
These things are not cheap. They’re designed for the business market or for individuals who need security. But as I mentioned, the best part is that they can be relocated as needed without a professional’s help.
The Arlo Smart Home Security Camera Kit (VMS3230) includes:
- Two HD outdoor cameras equipped with motion sensors and night vision capability
- Smart home base station that can also “talk” to other connected devices
- Four magnetic dome mounts ‘ two for securing each camera wherever you need it, and two extra mounts to make moving the camera around the home super easy
- 200 MB of free cloud storage for videos
- Free apps for displaying and managing the cameras and video from iOS or Android smartphones and tablets
- Access via popular browsers on Mac computers and PCs
For more money-saving advice for your home, see our Homes & Real Estate section.