Teen dies after using too much deodorant

|
Advertisement

A British teen named Thomas Townsend has died from using too much aerosol deodorant.

But he was not purposely inhaling the gas.

Fox News reported that the boy’s mother, Sally Townsend, said Thomas would spray deodorant followed by aftershave instead of taking a shower.

“He would go through a can a week,” she told police.

Read more: Study: Childrens’ health depends on parents’ smartphone usage

Cause of death

Forty-two cans were found in the 16-year-old boy’s room.

Advertisement

“I didn’t know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder,” Townsend said.

The teen, who was in foster care for five years, was living at a children’s home when he was found on his knees next to his bed in August.

“He sprayed (deodorant) all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas,” coroner Rachel Redman said.

The cause of death was determined to be circulation collapse by butane gas inhalation. There were no drugs or alcohol in his system.



Advertisement
  • Show Comments Hide Comments