Clark’s Prescription Plan Guide
• Publix.com – 14 day supply of select antiobiotics for FREE
• Walmart.com – 30 day supply of select generic drugs for $4
• Target.com – 30 day supply of select generic drugs for $4
• Kmart.com – 3 month supply of select generic drugs for $15
• pparx.org – find the RX program for your state
• Eli Lilly – With the “LillyAnswers” discount card, low-income seniors can get a 30-day supply of Lilly retail drugs such as Prozac and Vista, an osteoporosis drug for just $12 a month. To qualify for the card, seniors must have income of less than $18,000 a year as singles or $24,000 as couples. The card will be honored at CVS, Longs and Wal-Mart pharmacies. Call 1-877-RX-LILLY to apply.
• GlaxoSmithKline – GSK is starting the “Orange Card” program, which gives elderly people who qualify 25 percent off their perscriptions. You must be 65 or older and have annual incomes of at or less than $26,000 for individuals or $35,000 for a couple. Check back to this site for updates on how to register. To read an article about the GSK plan, click here.
• Rxaminer – For a $10 fee, Rxaminer will permit users to enter all current prescriptions and returns a list of available generic or other suggested brands for less money.
• The Medicine Program – The prescription discount program is available to those with family incomes ranging from below the national poverty level to $60,000 who don’t have health insurance. Call 573-996-7300 and ask for an application. Or, check the Phrma Web site Phrma.org for a list of drug companies.
More tips to consider:
- Consider online purchases that could typically save 20% to 30%.
- Many consumers find very low prices purchasing prescription drugs from Canada.
- Are you over age 50? AARP offers discounts on mail-in orders.
- Are you a member of a managed care health program? Consider a 90-day supply of your medicine vs. a one-month supply. You’ll pay one co-payment vs. three.
- Ask if your medication is cheaper in a higher milligram dose. Then, cut the tablet as needed for your proper dose. This method can save up to 75% of the cost.
- Always ask if a generic brand of your prescribed medicine is cheaper.