Bad news if you’re looking forward to enjoying Italian food during the holidays! 4C Foods Corp. has voluntarily recalled several brands of grated cheese because of possible Salmonella contamination.
Major grated cheese recall
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), this recall involves the following 6 oz. vacuum-sealed glass jars of grated cheese with BEST BY dates between November 12, 2016 and November 12, 2018.
- 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
- 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
- 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
- Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
- Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
No illnesses have been reported.
If you have a jar of any of these cheeses at home, return them immediately to the store for a full refund.