If you’ve ever tried to fold a fitted sheet and failed miserably, we found the one and only tutorial you’ll have to watch!
Learn how to fold a fitted sheet
On YouTube, Susan Penning provides an excellent explanation that has 300,000 views and counting!
There are literally dozens of videos on this very topic, including one from Martha Stewart, but following Penning’s instructions will guarantee you don’t get tripped up.
Here are her step-by-step instructions if you want to read along during the tutorial:
- Step 1: Turn fitted sheet inside out, so the “ugly seams” are facing up.
- Step 2: Take one corner in your left hand and follow the long elastic side to the next corner and put that corner in your right hand.
- Step 3: Take your right hand corner and fold it over the corner in your left hand. Shake the sheet out. You will have two corners in your left hand with the correct seam facing up.
- Step 4: Take the last two corners and turn the sheet right side out. Shake it well.
- Step 5: With the two corners still in your left hand, take your right hand and follow the next elastic band down to the third corner.
- Step 6: Tuck the third corner, which has the correct seam facing up, under the two corners that are already in your left hand. Put your left hand back in there and shake the sheet.
- Step 7: Take the fourth corner and turn it back inside out, so the “ugly seam” is facing up. Tuck it under the other three corners.
- Step 8: With all four corners in your left hand, shake your sheet again.
- Step 9: Finally, lay the rectangular sheet down on a flat surface. Fold in half lengthwise, then fold again.