You’ve heard of Christmas in July, but how about Christmas hiring in July?!
Wanting to get a jump on other retailers, Kohl’s has announced a massive round of holiday hiring effective immediately — before we even get a chance to say goodbye to June and say our hellos to the Star-Spangled Month of July!
Kohl’s: Hiring for back-to-school, fall and the holidays in effect right now
In what’s yet another prime example of holiday creep — where the Christmas season seems to start earlier and earlier each year — Kohl’s says it’s beginning to hire for back-to-school season, fall and the holidays earlier than ever this year.
Right now, more than 300 store locations are starting the search for seasonal associates. Visit Careers.Kohls.com if you’re interested in applying.
Hiring needs are determined on an individual store basis, but the company offers this general look at where some of the job openings are clustered right now:
- Midwest: Chicago, Ill.; Cincinnati, Ohio; Cleveland, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Detroit, Mich.; Indianapolis, Ind.; Kansas City, Mo.; Louisville, Ky.; Madison, Wis.; Milwaukee, Wis.; Minneapolis, Minn.; St. Louis, Mo.
- Northeast: Boston, Mass.; Buffalo, N.Y.; Burlington, Vt.; Harrisburg, Pa.; New Haven ‘ Hartford, Conn.; New York Tri-State area; Philadelphia, Pa.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Providence, R.I.; Washington, D.C.
- Northwest: Denver, Colo.; Sacramento, Calif.; San Francisco, Calif.; Salt Lake City, Utah; Seattle, Wash.
- Southeast: Charleston, S.C.; Nashville, Tenn.; Tampa, Fla.
- Southwest: Austin, Tex.; Dallas, Tex.; Houston, Tex.; Los Angeles, Calif.
If you miss out on this initial round of hiring or if your metro area isn’t represented, don’t worry. There will be future rounds of hiring later this year with openings in stores, in distribution and e-commerce fulfillment centers and in credit operations at that time.