If you are interested, we are looking to fill this position ASAP! See details about the role and how to apply below.*
Contract Social Media Editor, Clark.com
Are you obsessed with social media? Are you constantly keeping up with the latest trends, strategies and platform updates? Are you passionate about serving consumers with credible and trustworthy money advice?
Team Clark is looking for a Contract Social Media Editor who can help us expand our rapidly-growing presence on various social platforms, shape and execute our distribution strategies, as well as increase referral traffic to Clark.com.
This role will report to the Managing Editor and will be charged with the primary responsibility of assisting, and working directly with, the Clark.com Community Manager.
The right candidate must keenly understand the new socially driven media landscape and help promote and generate content that attracts new audiences via various social channels. In assisting the Community Manager, this person will be expected to help increase engagement, identify trends, monitor metrics, determine performance indicators, optimize digital content and present new, creative ideas for multi-format content distribution.
An understanding of content publishing workflows, social distribution methods, successful content strategies, as well as a deep understanding of Facebook is preferred. Familiarity with the Clark.com brand and content, as well as an interest in helping others learn how to save more, spend less, and avoid ripoffs is a huge plus.
- Assist Community Manager with day-to-day tasks, workflow and projects.
- Work with Community Manager and digital team to create and present social content that encourages audience engagement and increases loyal following.
- Identify emerging social trends.
- Create new social content across all channels.
- Use existing and new digital content to maintain a consistent posting schedule, with flexibility to make changes whenever and wherever necessary to optimize audience experience.
- Engage with audience on various social platforms.
- Capitalize on content and engagement opportunities by identifying customer needs and wants.
- Work with digital team to coordinate and execute large social media campaigns.
- Stay up-to-date on changes made to social media platforms, and how that might affect the company’s strategy moving forward. Use website and social analytics to make data-informed decisions.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and identify ways for the company to leverage current topics of interest to increase reach and engagement.
- 1-2 years of experience developing and executing social media strategies.
- Background in editorial publishing or marketing.
- Excellent writing skills and editorial discretion, including an understanding of Clark.com’s content, voice, tone and POV.
- Experience in creating content for social media.
- Experience with social publishing platforms and social analytics tools.
- Knowledge of digital news media industry.
- Experience with video editing and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please email us your resume, as well as a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit and a valuable addition to Team Clark.
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com
*Position is based in Atlanta, GA.