From burgers to BLTs and footlongs to Kaiser rolls, no matter how it’s sliced, Tuesday we celebrate the sandwich.
National Sandwich Day highlights the nearly 250-year-old tradition of stacking meat, veggies and cheese between a couple slices of bread then devouring.
The invention is credited to John Montagu, the Earl of Sandwich, in the 1700s in England.
Where to get free sandwiches for National Sandwich Day!
In honor of the hunger-satisfying creation, here are some ways to score free or cheap sandwiches:
- Subway: Almost instinctively the sandwich chain thought to offer a buy one get one deal on footlongs, provided a 30 ounce drink is also purchased.
- Arby’s: Get a classic roast beef sandwich for .$0.99.
- McDonald’s: Download the restaurant’s mobile app and get a free sandwich.
- Capriotti’s: Download the sandwich shop’s app for the chance to win free subs for a year.
- Jersey Mike’s has a $1 off coupons to celebrate the day.
- And at least some Georgia Chick-fil-A locations are offering free chicken sandwiches for a limited time during the day.
- For those who wear their sandwich pride on a T-shirt, Deli Fresh Threads is offering 25 percent orders using the code KingOfMeals.
For more of the latest deals out there, check out our Deals & Savings section!