As students everywhere head back to class and work to minimize their expenses at the same time, it’s important to remember that there are numerous areas in which students can spend less and save more simply by showing their student ID.
From restaurants to clothing stores to travel sites, showing your student ID can get you great discounts. Here are several student discounts that will help keep costs low while you are going to college.
Let’s start with the best, shall we? Many restaurants offer discounts to those showing their student ID when ordering. Discounts vary by location for most restaurants, but here are some that offer discounts at most – if not all – locations:
- Arby’s – 10% discount
- Subway – 10% discount
- DQ – 10% discount (at most locations)
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 10% discount
- Chipotle and Qdoba – free small drink with a meal (at most locations)
- Chik-fil-A – free small drink with a meal
- Papa John’s pizza – offers various discounts depending on location
As you can see, you can save on food costs at college by taking advantage of these student discounts at local restaurants when available. If you don’t know if a restaurant offers a student discount, simply ask. You might be surprised at how much money you can save just by asking.
There are also several popular clothing stores that offer discounts when showing your student ID. J Crew stores offer a 15% discount. Levi and The Limited stores offer a 15% discount as well. And quite possibly the deal of all clothing deals: most Goodwill store locations offer a 10% discount for students who show their student ID card at checkout. Imagine getting an awesome deal on the great thrift store finds at Goodwill and getting an additional 10% off at the same time!
There are also a few companies that offer student discounts on travel and transportation deals.
- Greyhound offers a 20% discount on ticket orders with a student ID
- Amtrak offers a 10% discount on orders
- Cheapo Air offers various student discounts for flights
Many technology companies offer discounts for students. Apple offers a 5% discount, Mac, Dell and Microsoft offer varying discounts on different products – simply check their websites for details. Adobe offers a discount of up to 68% on their Creative Cloud subscription service – you can get it as low as $10.68 a month. Technology plays a big part in today’s work and is a must-have for today’s students, so take advantage of those discounts when you can.
Lastly, here are some other student discounts that can save you big money:
- Amazon Prime is currently offering students a free 6-month trial of their program
- GEICO insurance – even with their already low insurance prices – is offering up to a 15% discount for students with a “B” grade average or higher
- Verizon Wireless, AT&T and Sprint all offer varying discounts on their cell phone plans for students
- Most Major League Baseball teams offer special pricing for student ticket purchases
- AMC, Cinemark and Regal Theaters offer student discounts on movie tickets at most locations
- Penske truck rental offers 10% off truck rental for students who need a big moving truck to make their trek off to college
- FedEx offers shipping discounts to students who show their student ID when shipping a package
Many popular companies gladly give discounts to students in order to help them save money as they work on their education. Take advantage of these money-saving opportunities and gain more cash to put toward those tuition bills, helping you work on graduating with as little debt as possible.